My Tigger (girl) Had To Leave Us

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
She was 18 years old, she climbed on my lap and I held her. I was just petting her as usual, then I realized she was unresponsive. I checked her thoroughly, as I was a trained paramedic, with the stethoscope and feeling for breath.

I realized she had passed. There is a way to do cpr on cats. I put her down, pumped her chest and gave her breaths through her nose and mouth, to no avail.

When I was a firefighter, we rescued a cat from a burning house. I got him back doing that but I guess it was just her time.

My Tiggy is on the Rainbow Bridge now. I love you Tiggy, I will see you one of these days.

linda2147

sorry for your loss. But she did you a favor by just going to sleep in your lap you never had to make the painful decision to have to put her down. She just went to sleep comfortable in your lap.

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
Original Poster
Thank had you all so much. When I joined here, we had Isis, Tiggy, Loki, Saav and Pook and our dog Lilly.
How times does fly and how things change. I don't always like that.

MainerMikeBrown

Saav, the fact that you were a firefighter and a paramedic shows that you like to help people. I think that's great.

I'm sorry for your loss.

How long was your cat a part of your life? How old was she when you first met her?