Mysterious lump on terrier/Shih tzu cross

marigold

Hello all,
I'm getting kind of concerned. My 9 year old terrier/shih tzu/weiner dog cross has a lump on her bum. I only noticed this yesterday after she was groomed at the dog groomer's (her hair was quite overgrown so it covered the area in question). Now that she's groomed I've noticed a red growth right near her anus. She has no problems pooping and seems to be in quite good spirits but I'm worried.
Does anyone else have any experience with this? Any suggestions for what this growth could be?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
It might be an infected anal gland or something. If it's on the anal opening and it's red, I'd get it checked out. If it's not treated and gets infected, it will create more health issues other than the lump itself.

princess-sprinkles

Could be an abcess in the midst of growing bigger, but it has not yet popped or something. I would be very cautious, and apply hot water to it as well as taking her to the vet if it gets bigger or sonething. since dogs can't clean themselves and cnat even see their behinds, it would be necessary that you watch it closely every day.

Good luck, hope she gets better soon!