Natalia's Story

animal lover

I got my dog her 1st Cytopoint shot last August. She had no bad reaction. I got her another one in November. Within an hour she couldn't walk. She was vomiting and her eyes were going in different directions. My Vet diagnosed her with Vestibular Disorder. There is no doubt in my mind that it was caused from this shot. My Vet took x-rays and blood work. Her red cell count was low and it was fine 2 months previously. It's been a long 2 months of TLC and she still vomits sometimes and won't eat. I couldn't even give her her antibiotics and anti fungal pills [ which she needed] for over a month because of the vomiting. Zoetis needs to be held accountable for this.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Very sorry to hear about your girl. So many stories of negative and sometimes fatal effects of this injection. The symptoms may mimic Vestibular Disorder, I had an older dog once that developed that. How old is your girl? The vets won't even publicly consider that it may be an injection that they are encourage to give, the pharmaceutical companies make sure all prescription drugs and vaccines are pushed by the doctors. $$$.

I hope your dog can recover, I will never give my dog that shot after all I've heard.

animal lover

Original Poster
Very sorry to hear about your girl. So many stories of negative and sometimes fatal effects of this injection. The symptoms may mimic Vestibular Disorder, I had an older dog once that developed that. How old is your girl? The vets won't even publicly consider that it may be an injection that they are encourage to give, the pharmaceutical companies make sure all prescription drugs and vaccines are pushed by the doctors. $$$.

I hope your dog can recover, I will never give my dog that shot after all I've heard.
She is old-14 but within an hour of the shot? Too coincidental. My Vet was skeptical too that it was from the shot. But he did x-rays and blood work and didn't charge me for it. He did say he was going to report it.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
She is old-14 but within an hour of the shot? Too coincidental. My Vet was skeptical too that it was from the shot. But he did x-rays and blood work and didn't charge me for it. He did say he was going to report it.
That's excellent, it sounds like you have a very good vet, not common these days. Fantastic that he's going to report it, hope they don't retaliate against him for doing so. I had a good vet too, saw him for decades for all my pets, but he retired.

Yes, they do sometimes develop VD in their older years, but you're right, within an hour of the shot to me, is definitely the shot. Wishing the best for you and your girl. 💚