Need Advice!!

mechi2

Since you posted in the bird section I take it that the squirrels are scaring away the birds? When I put up a bird feeder the squirrels always managed to get to it. It got me really annoyed but then I realized the squirrels were more fun to watch than the birds! Anyway I put the feeder on a clotheline any they can't get to it anymore.

mechi2

I put leftover food in the backyard for the squirrels, downside is it attracts raccoons also. Yeah they have to eat too, but they can go eat somewhere else.

CatMom1994

Well, you can't train a squirrel to stay away from bird food. They eat what they can find. So you have to make sure nuts are far away from the bird feeder.

Juliet799

Squirrels at my bird feeders drive me nuts, unless you’re feeding squirrels, you’ll need a squirrel proof feeder to shoo them all away from those precious seeds. I’ve come across a lot of bird feeders but this one from Brome is definitely a tough contender. Apart from that, this tube feeder features a mechanism that shuts down the access ports the squirrels climb on it. But don’t worry, they aren’t harmed in any way.