Need cat bed suggestions

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Recently Daisy has been sleeping in my closet more than on the bed. Don't ask me why. So now I think she would like her own bed. The maximum outside dimensions in my closet are approximately 28x22x15 below my hanging clothes and shoes. Daisy hates to be covered up, so sleeping bags and crinkle sacks are out. She does not curl up in a furball. What kind of bed should I look for?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My cat won't use a bed, he prefers his special spots on the floor, on the chairs, in his cat tree or in our bed. In my opinion, she'll probably like the closet without the bed, if you put one there she likely will move on to another spot.

linda2147

I have a couple beds but their favorite one is just a flat memory foam with a pillow top covering. They take turns with this particular bed but sometimes all three are in it at the same time

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Well, Loki is a spoiled cat who can get whatever he wants. Does he use Bigfoot as a pillow?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
All cats and dogs should be "spoiled" by their owners CatMom, his lying on the furniture is what I want too, none of my pets ever used beds, they had no need to and I welcomed them to be part of the family and make my house their home. No, he doesn't.

linda2147

my animals are not stopped from getting on the furniture. They can go pretty much anyplace they want. I don't call that spoiled, its loved. The only room they are not allowed in is the bathroom, that's because they have a thing for toilet paper, the rest of the house is open to all of them.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I only wish Daisy would stay off furniture with breakable items. She can go in every room. Theo only area off limits is the garage. But Mom does not like seeing her on the4 kitchen table.

linda2147

remove the breakable items, cover the furniture with a blanket and let her be a cat. Cats climb and do pretty much what they want. Why are you so concerned with what your mother thinks?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Recently Daisy has been sleeping in my closet more than on the bed. Don't ask me why. So now I think she would like her own bed. The maximum outside dimensions in my closet are approximately 28x22x15 below my hanging clothes and shoes. Daisy hates to be covered up, so sleeping bags and crinkle sacks are out. She does not curl up in a furball. What kind of bed should I look for?
Well, I think if she's in the closet more than on the bed, then she prefers it over a bed. Sometimes pets are hot and they don't want to be on a bed. But, some pets do like their own beds, so I think Linda has a good suggestion of just getting a flat memory foam or other flat bed if Daisy doesn't like to curl up at all. I think there's loads of them available everywhere.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I think preferring the closet is one of the things that makes her a silly cat.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Not silly, she's probably hot or just finds it more comfortable or secure in there.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Not silly, she's probably hot or just finds it more comfortable or secure in there.
You would think the full-size cat bed (which I wanted partly so we could be on it together) was more comfortable than a shelf. I miss having a cat who goes to bed with me.

Squeeesh!

My cats didn't use the cat beds I bought until I put a crochet blanket on them, now they use them all the time! (My mom made 2 blankets about 15" square) Maybe try a crochet blanket or something simliar.
IMG_20180806_174540974aaa.jpg

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
That's a pretty blanket, surprised there aren't a lot of pulls in it.

Squeeesh!

Surprisingly, they don't claw at them at all, it's like they have some kind of magical calming effect on them lol.