Need Help With Skin Issues.

jmc1712

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can shed some light on what my poor girl has based on the pic I took below. Seems when Spring and summer hits she has skin issues and this time it's worse every.
Last year she had a really bad hot spot and with Covid vet would not see her for like 3 weeks so I checked on YouTube and found that it was a hot spot and treated it naturally with cleaning it 2 -3 times a day with Black Tea and Aspirin then at night Coconut oil with honey and Triple Antibiotics cream and by time I saw vet see was almost healed and fur was crowing back. She also had a bout with some black spots that looked like dried flea blood (she didn't have fleas) and the home remedies worked,
This time I am stomped as nothing I have tried seems to work and or halt the spread. She chewed the base of her tail raw and has these weird quarter sized spots that she is losing hair. It doesn't look like hot spots but I think it could be ring worms or something else.
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Due to Covid I didn't work last year so money is super tight and I am into natural verses drugs. She is a Great Pyrenees and Golden at 130 lbs.

Attachments

Solohaas

My cat was having skin issues that looked similar to yours. I had great success using a hemp skin cream from Happy Goose Hemp, cleared things up pretty quickly. My cat stopped itching and clawing at the spot as soon as I started using the cream so that was good, too cause she stopped making it worse.
Pop's Pet Organics Hotspot spray worked well for me in the past too.
Good luck with your dog, that doesn't look like fun.

jmc1712

Original Poster
My cat was having skin issues that looked similar to yours. I had great success using a hemp skin cream from Happy Goose Hemp, cleared things up pretty quickly. My cat stopped itching and clawing at the spot as soon as I started using the cream so that was good, too cause she stopped making it worse.
Pop's Pet Organics Hotspot spray worked well for me in the past too.
Good luck with your dog, that doesn't look like fun.
Will have to see about Happy Goose Hemp cream. I bought some Hotspots, Mange and Scabbies spray but it didn't help nor did the 16oz last long. I treated a Hotspot last year using a rinse of Green tea and aspirin and applying coconut oil mixed with raw honey but these suckers are not Hotspots and refuse to die. Was also able to treat some weird black crusty spots that popped up over her skin at home. Took her to fed and vet had no idea what it was. She wanted to try some kid of allergy shot that cost over $300 which I didn't have so I treated her with same thing I did Hotspot and it cleared up.

No it's not fun as the darn things start off like a crusty spot then spread into almost a perfect circle and some are size of a Silver dollar and hair falls off. I am trying now Colloidal Sliver in a mixture of Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar 50/50. I think it's slowing working but the areas ware still growing so it's I may have to take to vet.

linda2147

Will have to see about Happy Goose Hemp cream. I bought some Hotspots, Mange and Scabbies spray but it didn't help nor did the 16oz last long. I treated a Hotspot last year using a rinse of Green tea and aspirin and applying coconut oil mixed with raw honey but these suckers are not Hotspots and refuse to die. Was also able to treat some weird black crusty spots that popped up over her skin at home. Took her to fed and vet had no idea what it was. She wanted to try some kid of allergy shot that cost over $300 which I didn't have so I treated her with same thing I did Hotspot and it cleared up.

No it's not fun as the darn things start off like a crusty spot then spread into almost a perfect circle and some are size of a Silver dollar and hair falls off. I am trying now Colloidal Sliver in a mixture of Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar 50/50. I think it's slowing working but the areas ware still growing so it's I may have to take to vet.

you have to shave the area of the hot spot down to the skin, then wash it with peroxide then use the colloidial silver. the silver is a natural anti biotic and should clear it up in no time, but hot spots are a sign of allergy so you have to find the source of the allergy to get on top of the problem,

Clares Dad

Hi, I know you like natural remedies, my dogs skin was terrible and red, all the natural products I tried just did not work, I eventually settled on apoquel tabs, and within a few hours, the skin started clearing up, I also use a medical spray called OneGen, and that has worked for my pets. Pets are like people sometimes. What works for one may not work for another, Good luck

CatMom1994

What kind of shot costs $300?
Wrong terminology. An allergy test requires a blood draw because this dog has two layers of fur. Its purpose is to allow a pet to get custom allergy shots every week instead of steroids, which are not a long-term solution because they cause organ failure. I went through this with a previous cat. That test only cost $200. so any vet who charges $300 for it is overcharging the client.