Neutered cat spraying

CatMom1994

During a recent dental appointment, my hygienist talked about her cats. She said one of her cats was thrown out of the house because he sprayed everywhere. She lives on a farm, but would prefer he stayed inside 24/7 if he did not spray. (I did not ask her what his name is.) I told her to get him neutered. She said he is neutered. Then I asked her if he was neutered late. She said he was 7 months old. That sounds like he already had started spraying, but I suggested trying to train him. She told me the habit cannot be stopped. How do other people manage to keep male cats inside in this situation?

Disclaimer: I am not interested in risking it myself and will adopt a female cat next.

linda2147

a neutered cat still can spray if they were neutered by five months old they usually don't but they can. Females can also spray but usually don't. A female has to be spayed by five months old or they will come into heat every two weeks until either spayed or bred. And if they are going to spray its usually when they are in heat.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
Luke used to do the spraying behavior on my porch, but nothing came out. Early on Daisy did that too, but not every day. She was spayed at age 6 months. I never thought I would see a girl do it - especially a spayed one.