Never had experience with dog.

sarath

My son wants me to get a dog, he likes playing with dogs in the neighborhood park.
If I get a dog for him, I am worried that I had to take care of the dog(walks, pooping, etc) and I never had experience handling a dog.

Did anyone experience this situation and how did you handle it?

linda2147

there is a first time for everything, get the pup ask for help and read up on training and care then take it one day at a time and things will all work themselves out

just a few things to think about, what kind of dog do you want, a protection dog or just a pet? lifestyle, how often will the dog be lefft alone, do you have a fenced in yard, who will exercise the dog what kind of place do you live in ? close neighbor, city or country size of dog you want, all things must be considered before you make a decision. remember a puppy needs training, think of them like little kids, neither learns anything good on their own, and they need pleny of exercise, a tired dog is a good dog,, if they don't get enough exercise or something to do they get bored and when they get bored they get destructive.

Last edited:

teytey029

At first, it's hard since you just started and it's not part of your usual life. I've been in a situation where I don't know what to do but I really wanted to have a dog so I pushed it. You can watch youtube videos or ask for discussions like here for tips/advice, even if you have any concerns with your pet, surely furparents will help you out :)

I can say having a pet is like having a baby :) You should teach them well at an early stage so they will grow up a good dog. Goodluck and take care of your future dog :)