New 2 Month Old Ferret

skitskatbritbrat

Hi, everyone.
So, yesterday, I got a new ferret. She is only 2 months old and I already have her in a nice big cage filled with food and toys and all that good stuff. I have tried saying hello to her through the cage but she bites me very hard. She seemed cornered when I tried to pick her up so I just stopped. She is just a baby and I don't want her to be scared. I know she probably has to get used to her surroundings and new home before she can get used to me. It is all so sudden and new to her. I feel like she might be scared but going into the future, I need her to stop biting so hard. She pierced my skin from biting me already. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do (if you couldn't tell already, I am a brand new ferret owner) and I just want to make it a good life for her, I want her to be happy and feel comfortable around me. Everyone already loves her and I just want to play with her and get to know her. Maybe she's playing, I'm not sure. I have never owned a baby ferret, so this is just as brand new to me as it is to her. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. It would be really helpful.

TTouch

It takes time for her to settle down in her new home, some will do within a couple of days others take a few weeks, however you need to handle her daily for her to get used to being handled and handled firmly but gently and I suggest while she is nipping using gloves she can't bite through, that 'tells her' she will be handled and gives you confidence she can't bite and hurt you....