New and talking about cytopoint

Mcgee's mommy

Hi, I am the proud mommy of Mcgee, my wonderful golden retriever. He has had bad allergies for about 10 years. We've been through the gamut from otc's , steroids, apoquel, finally cytopoint a couple of years ago. He finally had immediate relief.
He has done very well on this medicine. I am So sorry, and my condolences for everyone that has had problems and/or lost their loved one.
The only difference that I noticed in the thread I was reading is that I only get his shot when he needs it, usually every 4 months.

I took him to a new vet today because his dr is only doing curbside which leaves me in the dark and him Very uncomfortable. Anyway, the new vet doesn't use cytopoint because he said they build up a resistance and eventually don't work.
I don't know, been searching since I got home and I found this site.
I don't know if this post or my questions are allowed on this site, if not please just ignore it. 🤷‍♀️

CatMom1994

Of course your post is allowed on this site! You just posted it in the wrong section. It should be in Dogs Health and Nutrition.

Cytopoint is supposed to be given every 4-8 weeks, according to Zoetis. McGee was lucky to get them only four months apart instead. Sadly one shot is enough for some dogs to start getting sick. Based on all the tragic stories on the forum about Cytopoint killing itchy dogs, I would say that is the real reason no vets should use it, not a lack of effectiveness.

Yem

My dog died after having the cytopoint injection 3 hours and he passed out good night baby.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
@Yem, that's terrible, so sorry for your loss.