New baby needs a name!

dawnuh

My husband woke me up a few mornings ago, "babe I got a puppy". We had been looking for a new dog but I was still surprised. I was wanting a dog not a puppy for one, but my husband knows me and knew I would fall in love. He was right!! He is 1/2 Pit 1/2 boxer. I love boxers and my husband loves pits, so he's a good mix for us. He is almost 3 months old and pretty big already. We have had him 3 days now and still no name for him! I'm always really picky about my pets names which is made even harder when you have another person involved and you have to agree on a name :confused:.

So any suggestions? puppy.jpg
I really like unique names or something strong and masculine since I think he is going to be a big boy. His mom is the pit and his dad the boxer. Both are on the large side for their breeds. I have to get this baby named before he ends up thinking his name is boy! Appreciate any input!

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Cute pup! Thor is a masculine name used by some, I knew a Shepherd named Thor.

dawnuh

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great suggestions, I like a lot of these names. I love greek/roman/any gods names so Thor is a pretty good one, I had even considered Zeus. My last male boxer who looked a lot like this one was Caesar, we lost him two years ago. My mom still has his mom, her name is Reese (like the peanutbutter cups) because of her color. When I make a final decision I will let you know!

dawnuh

Original Poster
Linda2147 I really like all of those names. The kids have taken to calling him peanut butter now. I'm not to big on it especially since my mom has Reese also named for peanut butter. It's hard to overrule kids, but this name may stick. I still don't know though lol.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
We named our Manx cat "Loki" which is the Norse God of Mischief, lol! So that's another possibility.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I used to know a Shepherd named Champ, he was a big boy and the name fit him well.

dawnuh

Original Poster
I like all the suggestions but still nothing has given my husband or I that ah ha moment. We have considered Chaos, and as mentioned before my son was calling him Peanut butter but doesn't care if we change that. Is it horrible that I have had him a week now and can't seem to name him???

dawnuh

Original Poster
Well my husband and I have narrowed it down to Brutus and Chaos- I'm for Brutus and he for Chaos. Since I am a stay at home mom right now, I'll probably win. Since I get more dog time than him and what I say goes anyway lol, jk!

dawnuh

Original Poster
Will do -He's over here sleeping upright again. I got a lazer pointer and wore him out lol.

dawnuh

Original Poster
LOL Reliyn I am often unintentionally funny ;) ... Unfortunately I am not winning the battle of the dog name right now. I had a moment of victory a few nights ago when my husband started to give in even telling me reluctantly I could name the dog Brutus after all. Yay right? Not so much =( I really hate to name the dog something my husband seems to really hate. So we are here again a month later and my poor puppy's name is still up in the air. We have questioned countless friends and family and had suggestion after suggestion and though most everyone likes my suggestion of Brutus more than his of Chaos. At the end of the day it doesn't matter my husband really doesn't like the name and therefor we are looking again into names. It makes me wonder how we ever named our children lol. So at this point we are mulling over Django... any thoughts on that or suggestions?

Reliyn

Django is different. If you both like it, go for that one. I remember my ex wanted to name a dog once, Dioji. Pronounced and sounding like spelling the word dog.

jfn

Since he's 1/2 Pit and 1/2 Boxer, what about Piter (Pit + Boxer)?
It could also be Pixer (Pit + Boxer) :)

Fritz

LaMancha powerful, protective, right the unrightable wrong,etc. Read the story of the Man from LaMancha