New mouse owner NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

drummingrocks

I just bought a new mouse today (this is my first), and put her in her cage. Later when i came back to check on her the food bowl was tipped over so food was everywhere, and the water container had leaked so now all of the food and bedding is soggy. I read that you're supposed to not really interact with a new mouse for a couple of days, but I'm not sure what to do. She isn't fond of being held yet, so i can't just take her out of the cage to clean it. Should i just leave it really messy and damp for a few days? Im not sure what to do. any advice would be amazing as soon as possible. thanks.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I would think that health would take priority over the mouse's comfort this time. You can gently remove the mouse with gloves on, or guide it into a cup-type holder, upright it and cover it until you can put her back in the cage. I don't think leaving her for any length of time in damp bedding is safe to do...good luck.

Mybudgie

Pet Owner
I suggest that you clean the cage. I have mice at home, messes should be expected, OFTEN. Lol. If you do clean the cage and you take your mouse out make sure you put it somewhere where it can't chew it's way out.

Tongue Flicker

Exotic Animal Lover
You could probably do your cage like a bird's cage with water and food containers set kinda high up against the bedding so it is firm on the cage wall. No more tippings

Mybudgie

Pet Owner
I wouldn't suggest a cage with bars like a a bird cage though, mice can squeeze through too easily.