new to the group not to pets.

alnoble89

Well, I live in Alabama and have several pets. I have 4 dogs (Otis a treeing feist, Lilly a pug, Layla also a pug, and Snow and lab husky mix). My pugs are sisters and littermates. I have 4 cats (Stella a tabby, Jasper a domestic shorthair, and two little rescue babies that are as mixed up as they come, Lucy and Smudge). I also have one bird, an african grey parrot named Alex. Needless to say this is a very chaotic house but I love all of my babies.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Hello alnoble89, welcome to the forums! :D Sounds like you have a wonderful family there at home, looking forward to hearing more about your furry and feathered babies! I had an African Grey for a short period of time, but it was mature and not hand tamed. Coupled with that I had no bird experience at all. Although it was a beautiful and very smart bird, I gave it up to a bird lover who had her own home aviary...she loved him, happy ending for all. :friendly_wink:

alnoble89

Original Poster
I love my grey. We are handfeeding him now to being tame will not be an issue. He is getting along with the other animals too so it has been awesome.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I love my grey. We are handfeeding him now to being tame will not be an issue. He is getting along with the other animals too so it has been awesome.
I'm very interested to hear about your personal experience with your African Grey. The fact that he gets along with other pets is super! :cool: If you can post a pic, please do!

alnoble89

Original Poster
Baby Grey. This picture is about a week and a half old so he has more feathers now. I will post another picture soon. He is getting so big so fast. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I am not sure what all you want to hear.

Attachments

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
WOW!! What a beautiful tiny little baby, thanks for sharing that pic! :coolthumb: Please post any more pictures and information in the Bird Talk forum, all of your experience and advice is very much welcomed!! We want to hear it all! :D

eslucky

I love that picture! I can't wait to see more as he grows. How long does it take for African Greys to be full grown? Do your cats react to him in any type of threatening way? Alex is just adorable. I love that you have so many pets. Welcome to the forum!

alnoble89

Original Poster
He will be fully feathered in a few more weeks and within the next two months he will wean to adult food and start flying. Then by the end of the year his eyes will change color and no one will ever know how old he is again. My kittens want to play with him and the bigger cat thinks that the bird is his baby so they really have been great.

wombat

Welcome alnoble89 ,sounds like you have a great family of pets, that is a great pic of your African grey, and look forward to more pics of him as he grows.