Ordained Minister offering pet memorial services in the greater NY area

Would you conduct a memorial service for your pet when it passes?

• Total voters

Rev Bruce Shankar Fern

Reverend Bruce Shankar Fern, M.Ed. Minister, CH
Hello Everyone. My name is Reverend Bruce Shankar Fern. I'm an ordained interfaith yoga minister, yes that's a real thing, and offer a variety of ministerial services such as weddings, humanistic/spiritual counseling, baby/house blessings, family & pet memorial services. I was a veterinary assistant years ago in NY and am now an SPCA Chaplain providing services in NY, NJ and CT.

I look forward to participating in this community. I hope you do not have to deal with the passing of a pet, but if you do and live in the greater NY area, please feel free to reach out to me for support.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Welcome to the forum Bruce. Unfortunately all of us have to deal with the passing of our pets. It happened to me three times so far.

CF has a Rainbow Bridge section for posting pet memorials and offering support to those who recently lost their pets. If you can help with making online pet memorials there, it would be greatly appreciated.

The closest any active member lives to your area is in New Hampshire and can't drive. Can you provide any services over the Internet?

BTW I voted no just because most people hate the idea so nobody would come for it. If such events were common, I would think differently.

Last edited: