Our bully is running out of time

Wilson

We have a female bully who appears to have some sort of sickness the only things similar to what is happening to her that we have found are allergies but shes lost all the fur on her back and is constantly scratching herself and if left alone for too long she will continue scratching until she bleeds she appears to have strange bumps under her skin and we don't have enough money to take her to the vet so if we cant find a way to help her we will have to put her down i would really appreciate any help anyone can give us

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum Wilson.

There is no reason to have a dog put down because of an issue that is not fatal. A vet would do more harm than good for her anyway so a holistic treatment regimen is what she needs. Luckily one of our members (TTouch) is an expert in this area.

How long is "too long" for her? Is she mostly doing it when people are not home? Is she actually sick or just itching like crazy?

Wilson

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum Wilson.

There is no reason to have a dog put down because of an issue that is not fatal. A vet would do more harm than good for her anyway so a holistic treatment regimen is what she needs. Luckily one of our members (TTouch) is an expert in this area.

How long is "too long" for her? Is she mostly doing it when people are not home? Is she actually sick or just itching like crazy?
Its whenever she is left alone for more than 20 minutes and shes constantly itching but it seems to get worse when no one is home

TTouch

Hi and welcome

Luckily one of our members (TTouch) is an expert in this area.
Thank you catmom although I wouldn't say I am an expert.

Wilson: There are lots of reasons your dog could be itching and the first thing you need to do is find out why and that means finding the money and going to the Vets to find out the reason for the allergy........ loss of coat is highly likely your dog has parasites and likely mites which you can't see and the Vet will need to do a skin scraping to be viewed under a microscope to be able to see and determine which mite it is or if it is mites Demodex or Sarcoptes.
More information on here however this is a site selling products so be aware you need to know what mites you are dealing with, if of course it is mites at all https://www.wondercide.com/pages/dog-mites-symptoms-causes-and-natural-remedies

One thing for sure is your dogs immune system is not working correctly to be able to fight the allergy which allows things like mites to get a hold, breed and cause the itching issue/hair loss and the itching then causes secondary infection ....and that can be down to poor feeding or other unidentified health issues

Last edited:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
We have a female bully who appears to have some sort of sickness the only things similar to what is happening to her that we have found are allergies but shes lost all the fur on her back and is constantly scratching herself and if left alone for too long she will continue scratching until she bleeds she appears to have strange bumps under her skin and we don't have enough money to take her to the vet so if we cant find a way to help her we will have to put her down i would really appreciate any help anyone can give us
She is suffering and needs medical treatment. Try to find a way to get the money, sell something, borrow it, etc. See if you can contact a low cost clinic and take her there. She needs to see a doctor as soon as possible.

Worst case scenario, if you refuse to give your dog the medical treatment she needs, take her to a NO KILL shelter and let them care for her.

Do NOT kill your dog because she's itching and you don't want to spend the money on a doctor. Do not bring any more pets into your home until you are financially able to care for them for the rest of their lives. To do otherwise is animal abuse.

linda2147

could be something as simple as an allergy to fleas, only one bite can starts a reaction if she's allergic to fleas. Or it might even be mange. Either way you have to find the problem before you can fix it

Cassibell

My bully does that every year at this time. I put coconut oil on it

Cassibell

My bully does that every year at this time. I put coconut oil on it
He does it outside against our fence n moans. Lol. I think its a bully thing. The owner before me said he did it with him.