Out of The Mouths of Babes

chris

I dont know how many members have young children. I thought it would be interesting to see what little anecdotes you have regarding some of the impromptu, and often embarrassing, things that our little ankle-biters say.

My Grandson aged 4, for example, is convinced that he has a job at the sewage works. An ideal job for him as he is fascinated by bottoms and pooh. He, one day, asked me how I thought he got to work. On my reply of "I dont know how do you get to the sewage works".

He replied "I just flush myself down the the toilet and the water takes me down the pipes" I said that may be I could go with him one day and he said "We'd have to get a bigger toilet"

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Wild imagination with that little one, lol. I don't have any children, but I always enjoy hearing those funny little stories. I remember that Art Linkletter used to have on his show, a segment where he interviewed the little ones, always brought some good chuckles. :)

chris

Original Poster
Another time I remember was when we were visiting our great niece. She was about 5 or 6 at the time. We were walking through a park and it was a tad windy. Also walking very near to us was a chap that had an extreme comb-over. Now wind and comb-overs are not a good mix and needless to say the poor guy's hair was trailing and flapping at the side of his head like a wind-sock in a hurrican, there must have been 18 inches of it.

I looked at my little neice and she had a puzzeled look on her face, staring intently at this man. Then as the thought OH OH came into my head she shouted "WHY IS THAT MAN'S HAIR LIKE THAT?" We ushered her away and quickend our pace as the poor chap tried to reel in his hair and smooth it over his head, without success I might add.

I know what it is like to be follicley challenged however, a comb-over? NO WAY!!

Chris

Rottiwild

LMAO flushing him self down the loo to get to work LOL. Sounds a lot easier than waking up at 6 in the morning and standing outside in the freezing cold trying to defrost your windows!

I dont know how many members have young children. I thought it would be interesting to see what little anecdotes you have regarding some of the impromptu, and often embarrassing, things that our little ankle-biters say.

My Grandson aged 4, for example, is convinced that he has a job at the sewage works. An ideal job for him as he is fascinated by bottoms and pooh. He, one day, asked me how I thought he got to work. On my reply of "I dont know how do you get to the sewage works".

He replied "I just flush myself down the the toilet and the water takes me down the pipes" I said that may be I could go with him one day and he said "We'd have to get a bigger toilet"

Chris

chris

Original Poster
A liitle example of how television advertising has an impact on the young mind. When my Grandaughter was about 5 she was playing in the back garden one day. My Daughter picked some flowers from the garden and placed into a vase.

Grandaughter said "Why are putting flowers in the kitchen Mummy?"

Mummy replied "To make the kitchen smell nice"

Little 'un replied "What, like Airwick?"

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Comb-over story was funny, yes, I've seen many too in the wind, lol. Honestly, windy or not they just look weird...nobody's being fooled. Best bet is to just keep it short near the balding area, natural, easy, and been going on for decades. :topsy_turvy:

chris

Original Poster
Comb-over story was funny, yes, I've seen many too in the wind, lol. Honestly, windy or not they just look weird...nobody's being fooled. Best bet is to just keep it short near the balding area, natural, easy, and been going on for decades. :topsy_turvy:

I used to have a head of curls (not natural-when it was trendy for guys to sit in curlers with the gals) in my 20s and 30s but with all that rough treatment and age it all started falling out so out with shaver and I lobbed it all off. SLAP HEADS RULE!!

Chris

chris

Original Poster
A quick ditty from my 5 year old Grandson. He says he is awsome and knows almost as much as God. Infact, he goes on to say, "God sends me messages with tasks to do like I have to jump off the couch as many times as I can before the next TV advert."

Not too sure if I should be worrying about him :rolleyes:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Now you know who to blame when he acts up, LOL. :love_heart: