Pet Owners need a new name, Owner doesn't seem right.

Tilly TV

When I started writing posts here, I found myself trying to not use owner. I used caretaker once, but that's not right either because I don't just take care of Tilly.
I think, from now on, I am going to use . . . . . . . Pal!
The dictionary defines Pal as a good friend. Someone you can count on.

Being a Pet Pal, sounds right.

OK let me have it, probably been discussed a thousand times!

CatMom1994

My username is the most accurate identifier. Your relationship with any pet is the same as it would be for a human kid, so you are a pet parent.

I know someone who has a cute item with this text in her office: MY KIDS HAVE PAWS. She has three dogs.

laugher

When I started writing posts here, I found myself trying to not use owner. I used caretaker once, but that's not right either because I don't just take care of Tilly.
I think, from now on, I am going to use . . . . . . . Pal!
The dictionary defines Pal as a good friend. Someone you can count on.

Being a Pet Pal, sounds right.

OK let me have it, probably been discussed a thousand times!
Sorry for posting in an old thread, but "pet pal" is too good a term. If you ever start a pet store, website, or develop some app for pet care etc., "pet pal" would be perfect for a name.

Aside from that, the term is also less possessive and more accurate than "owner." I'll be using the term now :D

TTouch

Reality is call yourself whatever you feel best suits you...'owner' is a word that has legal implications which is why it is used "one who has the legal or rightful title to something" : "one to whom property belongs" so legally/offically as we adult humans have legal obligations for our pets behaviours, so we are legally responsible as the 'owner'

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Reality is call yourself whatever you feel best suits you...'owner' is a word that has legal implications which is why it is used "one who has the legal or rightful title to something" : "one to whom property belongs" so legally/offically as we adult humans have legal obligations for our pets behaviours, so we are legally responsible as the 'owner'
That is exactly correct. I am the owner of both my dog and my cat...period. As their owner, I will say we are very bonded together, they are part of my family, well loved and cared for. Great companions, and as I'm blessed to have them in my life, they are also blessed to have me for their owner. ;)🧡