Pet Therapy for Mental Health

Roy88

Apart from the regular medications that you take for any of your mental illness, there are some natural remedies that have been proven quite effective in overcoming most of the mental problems specially anxiety and depression.
Among them, Pet therapy is one the most important remedy to fight your depression as you get an unconditional love, support and companion in the form of your pet. They keep you moving all day and give you a good purpose to your life. These specially trained pets are called Emotional Support Animals and you get a license for them to keep them with you at home or anywhere outside.

Have you had any experience with this natural therapy ?

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Apart from the regular medications that you take for any of your mental illness, there are some natural remedies that have been proven quite effective in overcoming most of the mental problems specially anxiety and depression.
Among them, Pet therapy is one the most important remedy to fight your depression as you get an unconditional love, support and companion in the form of your pet. They keep you moving all day and give you a good purpose to your life. These specially trained pets are called Emotional Support Animals and you get a license for them to keep them with you at home or anywhere outside.

Have you had any experience with this natural therapy ?
I haven’t personally, but when my Grandpa past away, my Grandma was struggling a little bit so she got her dog licensed as an emotional support animal and she loves it. She says it is so nice being able to take her little dog everywhere (even on planes and stuff). I think it helps her.

Roy88

Original Poster
I haven’t personally, but when my Grandpa past away, my Grandma was struggling a little bit so she got her dog licensed as an emotional support animal and she loves it. She says it is so nice being able to take her little dog everywhere (even on planes and stuff). I think it helps her.
Yes they (emotional support pets) surely help a lot specially when you are depressed and distressed. They provide you an emotional support and proves out to be a great companion for you.