Pets and Lockdown

Aimitertyso

I’ve had increased anxiety attacks over a few months now and it’s affecting my relationships and work. I was good at handling it back then but now, it just got worse. My pets keep me a little okay at the moment. What can I do? Has anybody experienced this before?

MainerMikeBrown

Aimitertyso, now that it's been almost two months since you've started this thread, how have you been doing more recently? Are you getting better?

TTouch

I think the lockdown has impacted on many peoples mental health and until we all get back to some normal life whatever 'normal' will look like I don't think we realise just how many people will be affected.
A panic attack is a persons natural flight/fight response of the intense fear that triggers severe physical reactions when there is no real danger or apparent cause and they are hard to manage on your own, and they may get worse without treatment.

I suffered an episode of panic attacks several years ago while I was experiencing a time of great stress, as a person who is very private I never told anyone until it happened when I was out shopping and the lovely lady serving me quietly said " you are having a panic attack" closed her till, got me a paper bag and told me to breath into it as she calmly spoke to me.... and it passed, that lady helped me realise I could control it, she made me feel normal with her kind thoughful words and actions.
I went and spoke to my doctor and knowing I don't like to medicate he gave me some stratergies to deal with it. I also purchased Bach Flower Rescue remedy, 5 drops in a bottle of water helped me, got me drinking more water which was good and taking a walk daily in the fresh air helped too