Pit bull attack

linda2147

Original Poster
I agree Zepmom, my shepherd is very aggressive and protective. She is never let out alone, I don't have a fenced in yard but I do have a very large kennel that on nice days she likes to go out and lay in the sun. You and I think alike, I like the fact that no one could come in my house and I don't have to worry about being attacked if I'm out walking her no matter what time it is. She loves my daughters and my son, NO ONE else, when I have company I put her in her kennel because I don't trust her. She is great with other animals, its just strangers she has an issue with. I've had german shepherds for years and I've learned that you always have to assume your dog will bite, you never know what will trigger an attack. And you can't depend on people controlling their kids. If we choose to have this kind of dog then we must be prepared to accept the responsibility of owning such an animal.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
"And you can't depend on people controlling their kids."

My question is simple: "Why not?" When a man and woman decide to have kids, they have to know that means having 100% control over where the kids are and all human-animal interactions.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Back to pit bulls, what can be done to raise awareness so people can stop triggering attacks by mixing up who the attacker is?

linda2147

Original Poster
how about a large fine for backyard breeders, breeders that will breed anything with a pulse just to make money from the pups, well bred pits are not aggressive, but when they start mixing the genetics of who knows what, who knows what you'll get, most likely an unstable dog. Unless you are a registered breeder they should be fined for every day the dog is not spayed or neutered. That would cut down on a lot of the aggressive pits that are desired for fighting and boosting the ego of undesirables.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
how about a large fine for backyard breeders, breeders that will breed anything with a pulse just to make money from the pups, well bred pits are not aggressive, but when they start mixing the genetics of who knows what, who knows what you'll get, most likely an unstable dog. Unless you are a registered breeder they should be fined for every day the dog is not spayed or neutered. That would cut down on a lot of the aggressive pits that are desired for fighting and boosting the ego of undesirables.
That could cut down on the existence of untrained pit bull puppies, but it will not raise awareness about how loving the breed is when bred by the right people.

linda2147

Original Poster
When there are fewer and fewer hysterical people and sweeter and sweeter dogs people will realize they are not the monsters they are now seen as and like all other scandals people will forget. Same things were said about german shepherds, rottis and dobermans, you don't hear much about them anymore, people are fixated on the pit bulls. You don't hear about chows or dalmations yet they will bite as fast as a pit. You can't fix stupid, some people will still have a pit bull phobia but anyone with half a brain and if the dogs are given half a chance and sensible people see them for what they are it will turn out ok.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
People don't use dalmations, chows, and Dobermans to fight though. All 50 of Michael Vick's dogs were pit bulls. That's the difference. But why are pit bulls singled out if other dogs can be trained to fight the way Vick taught them to?

linda2147

Original Poster
aggression to a certain degree is in all dogs, just depends on how much you have to push them to bring it out

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Of course humans are more important than dogs
I don't think that. I think that humans and dogs are just about the same, people have NO right to say that they are better. How do people come up with that? (I'm just saying what I think.)

Any other people you think like me?