Possible sign of skin autoimmune disease in cat

Mariyam

Recently Ive been seeing bumps on my cats nose,Haroun,that are working me.They’re not really noticeable but they’re definitely a growth and unnatural.I’m starting to get worried,as he has a genetic history of autoimmune disease,primarily affecting his eyes and our vet said that the best we can do for him is to play with him often as exersize and to avoid stress.I dont know if this is a seasonal allergy like my friend’s cat or a worse manifestaion of the disease and I’m so worried that this could be a warning sign.

Attachments

Mariyam

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum.

They don't look like bumps in the picture.
Glad to be here!
They look bigger in person and right above the nose there are some scab like things??i really hope I’m wrong with this but i have to assume the worst

CatMom1994

You don't have to assume the worst. There are much worse things than little gray scabs on noses.

The only person who can tell you what they are is your vet.

TTouch

Our bodies and our pets have an immune system that protects us from foreign invaders that can cause disease and infection; however, if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks itself by mistake, causing serious illness. The immune cells fail to distinguish the body's normal healthy cells from foreign cells and thus try to destroy the normal tissues. The cause of this "mistake" is not well understood. Autoimmune disease can affect a single system or multiple body systems. Autoimmune diseases can affect skin, connective tissue, nerves, muscles, the endocrine system (the system that controls hormones and other chemicals), red blood cells, and the digestive system. Cats with autoimmune diseases should not be vaccinated except under certain circumstances. Fortunately, autoimmune skin diseases are rare in cats.
Pemphigus Foliaceus (PF) The term means "leaf-like pemphigus”, one of the syptoms is scabs around the bridge of the nose This is the most common autoimmune skin disease of cats, it is benign can be managed but there is no cure for pemphigus foliaceus . The Vets general treatment for autoimmune skin disease is immunosuppression medication such as prednisone ..... but that is for your Vet to diagose/treat

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
The best thing to do is get him to a vet. There, I'm sure, you'll find your answers.