Push notifications?

mechi2

What are push notifications? I'm on my tablet and I'm getting a mesage that Pet Forums wants permission to enable push notifications

Matrix

Admin
Basically you get notified when you're not visiting the forum, but I'm not sure how it works exactly. It works differently with different systems, iOS doesn't support push notification.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I don't know very much about them, but initially I gave permission to enable them. I noticed when I was visiting other sites, or even on the desktop of my computer, if I received an alert or notification that someone Liked my post, or started a Conversation with me, a tiny window at the bottom of my screen would show me that alert, and I could click on that and see what it was.

After seeing what they were, I decided to disable them. You can click on your User Name at the top right of the forum page, click Preferences, and enable or disable push notifications whenever you like. Hope this helps.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Thanks, I disabled them
You're welcome. I sometimes visit the forum on my laptop or (rarely), my smartphone. It's easy to see the little notification bell at the top of the forum to see the notifications. I would have to have an urgent need to see alerts when I was on other websites, perhaps if it was a business related forum that I owned.