R.I.P Persia

Jessie J.

Ninja Nif
Persia, my beloved veiltail betta, just passed away. He was almost two years old and I had had him for about one. Persia was probably the silliest, most personable of my sixteen males. When he died, the female betta named Daisy kept nudging him and trying to get him to wake up; she picked at the snails' antennae as they crawled over the body. Then Queen Shasta, the closest fish to Persia who would let him lean on her at the surface to keep him afloat, joined in the commotion. Words can't describe how sad she looked, as her fins sagged and her eyes lost their shine. I hope he had a happy life, rescued from a 1-gallon bowl and then transferred to a 10-gallon where he spent the last of his days with the fish he loved. Even an injured betta who had been moved there a day before got to say goodbye.

per.jpg Persia.jpg

I will always miss and love you, Persia

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Rest peacefully little Persia. Jessie, sorry for your loss, it sounds like he had a very good life with you.

Jessie J.

Ninja Nif
Original Poster
Thank you all, I am feeling a little better now, he's in a better place- AKA live food heaven.