read this article before buying pet food

TTouch

Yes......... the kibble purchasing public don't know the reality and in the main I don't think they want to know...it is too easy for them to pick up the highly advertised 'pet' kibble, read the 'grain free' and 'natural ingredients' and think or research no further........ I have in the past worked for 3 main pet food manufacturers and while doing so part of 'the benefits package' was I could have whatever pet food I wanted for my dogs/cats.... surprise, surprise I have fed well sourced raw/bone for decades

linda2147

Original Poster
I've been a raw feeder for ears, I do not buy the raw food I make my own. Grind it all myself and add different supplements to the mix, my vet doesn't recommend raw feeding but I don't care what they say, my dogs are in top shape, show dogs are fed raw and what dog is in better condition than show dogs?

TTouch

Most vets don't recommend it as they are not trained/qualified animal nutritionists so have no clue, vets are trained MEDICAL professionals only , they only recommend what they sell and are told to recommend by the pet food rep that calls to restock their shelves.

CatMom1994

Vets know why people cook meat - to kill harmful bacteria in it. They also assume most people would screw up trying to make grocery store meat nutritionally complete for pets whose nutrient requirements are completely different. Of course, few vets know what to do themselves if they were interested in feeding cats and dogs raw meat because their nutrition "lessons"came directly from pet food manufacturers.

linda2147

Original Poster
if feeding raw is so bad why do top breeders and show dog people feed raw? What animals are in better shape than those fed a raw diet