Rehoming??

ETC143

Hello everyone! I couldn't find any topic on it, but was curious if you are allowed to post on here listing a pet that needs a new home? If someone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. We are moving and unfortunately I need to find a GOOD home for my Siberian Husky. Thanks!!! : )

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Since you are the owner of the dog, I think it would be fine to let us know the general city/location where you are and give us the essential information about the dog. Anyone interested could contact you via Private Message (PM) on the forum for extended details.

Please let us know how old your Husky is, what sex, neutered/spayed or intact, personality, friendly with people and other pets, health information, etc. If you could post a couple of pictures, that would be even better.

ETC143

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the response! Ok, her name is Holly, she is almost 6 years old, when we rescued her in Oct 2009 they said she was almost 3. She is fixed, super friendly. We have a cat and they get along fine. We also have 2 miniature doxies. She gets along fine with both them too, but our older doxie gets "in trouble" sometimes because Holly "babies" the youngest one!! Lol. We call her Mamma Bear... cuz she's a big fluffball who loves attention... BUT hides from a camera (yes, she even knows my phone is a camera and tries running if she see's me hold my phone up!!). She is very smart! When you say bed, she knows right where to go(crate). House trained. Even if we are gone extended hours, she does very well crated.

She is due for shots, but we haven't had the extra money to do it, but other than that, last vet visit they said she was very healthy! Never had any problems, she is a super friendly dog and everyone falls in live with her as soon as they meet her.

I AM asking a rehoming fee, basically to protect her from being used as any project, and to ensure she goes to someone who will treat her as family. She LOVES outdoor fun...... yet she also loves being lazy at times.

If I cam figure how to attach a pic, I will!! Thanks! OH, we are in NW GA, just across the border from Chattanooga TN.

ETC143

Original Poster
OK, I found the "album" tab and uploaded a few pictures I had of Holly to it!! If anyone knows of anyone looking for a good family dog, she is a big love bug. I will say I do not know how she is with little children, as all of our kids are teenagers and beyond.. so she hasn't been around any since I have had her. So I don't have any way of knowing. She is great with my kids, but I know kids are different as small children vs. grown size and just wanted to let it be known we have no experience on that! : )

skarlett88

Holly sounds like a lovely dog, and it's too bad that you can't take her with you! That will be hard. Unfortunately I'm no where near Georgia, but I have two cents to put in.

You might do well to advertise in your local paper, and set up interviews with prospective families. I think if you have a chance to sit down and really get a feel for the people who might take care of your dog, your gut will tell you when you've found the right ones. This forum has folks from all over the world, so who knows if someone nearby will see. We can hope! Best of luck to you!

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
She looks like a very nice girl, good luck with finding her a loving home, she deserves it. :)

wombat

Such a pity you cant take Holly with you she is a gorgeous dog, there is one that lives near us and it lives outside the front of the house with no shade except the veranda, which has the sun shining into it untill mid morning, and in the summertime, I feel so sorry for it, because the temperatures can reach into the 40s degree celcius for quite a number of days in a row here.I hope you can find a loving home for her.

justmesuzanne

Writer
OK, based on the info in this thread, I want to announce that I have just agreed to foster an older female border collie mix for a couple of weeks in the Dallas Fort Worth area. My neighbor is moving and cannot take her. She is 13 years old and very quiet, gentle and sweet. She would be a good companion for an older person. She is housebroken, in good general health and has all her shots, but she is not spayed. I estimate she weighs between 30 and 35 pounds. I'll post a photo as soon as I can. If interested, message me here! :) Thanks!