Rest Well My Dear Lilly

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
Original Poster
I have come to accept her passing in a way, but dang, nights are the worst. She would sleep all snugged up to me. Before sleep, I would give the cats their treats and Lilly her can of wet dog food.

I have been pressured by well-meaning family and friends to get a puppy. I'm just not there yet. I just can't think of one yet.

Am I awful? I know there are puppies who need homes. I just am not with this yet, and I am sorry. I hope y'all understand.

Hugs
Saav

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I have been pressured by well-meaning family and friends to get a puppy. I'm just not there yet. I just can't think of one yet.

Am I awful? I know there are puppies who need homes. I just am not with this yet, and I am sorry. I hope y'all understand.

Hugs
Saav
These decisions are very personal and very individual, people are offering suggestions because they know you're hurting and you may feel better with a new dog....but you go by your feelings and follow your heart. I recommend you don't rush into anything, you'll know if and when is the right time for you and your family.

You're not awful at all, just the opposite. Please don't apologize, there is no need to at all. Hugs. :love_heart:

Saav

Original Poster
Thank you all! I am sorry to say we have 2 of our older cats, Tiggy and Loki, who are not well now and are at the vet.

Loki seems to have issues with his back legs, he stumbles, Tiggy has lost her appetite and they are in for tests and observations at our vet.

I swear we are doing the best we can for them. Right now they are the priority and I cannot even think of a puppy at this time, with them away at the vet.

Our cats already here with us need the priority. Tiggy, Loki, Pook, and Saav were here before Lilly and after, and I am still a bit hurting from Lilly and now scared for Loki and Tiggy.

They are older cats. I'm so sorry but a new puppy right now is out of the question at this time. I hope y'all understand why I have made this decision.

I was going to copy and paste each individual reply here, but I am sorry, I'm in tears and I am not at my best right now.

I thank you all for understanding.

Many hugs
Saav

Dog Force One

Sorry that Tiggy and Loki are having trouble. With luck maybe it won't be anything too serious. Hang in there.

By the way, is it just coincidence that your cat and Alpha's cat are both named Loki?

Saav

Original Poster
Sorry that Tiggy and Loki are having trouble. With luck maybe it won't be anything too serious. Hang in there.
Thank you, I'm just not at my best right now. I apologize. You're so kind; thank you!

Hugs
Saav