Rocky was a good boy

daisybee22

On Friday January 24th my 13 year old golden retriever died. he was such a gentle dog. I never had any trouble with him.
I have two small dogs that thought he was their mother. One was attached to him and went everywhere he went. that
dog seems as lost as I am.
He had torn his acl at the beginning of the month, but seemed to be recovering well, so I was totally unprepared for Friday,
he was fine and acting normal in the morning, but went steadily downhill as the day went on.
I babysit for 3 grandchildren. I could tell he was getting worse but he waited to pass until the kids had gone home. I know
some people don't believe dogs, understand things, but if you knew Rocky you would know that he definetley waited until
the little kids wouldn't see what was going to happen.
Anyway, I am so sad, I don't know how to get past this. I know it will take time, but right now that doesn't seem possible. 😭😭

linda2147

Its very hard to loose a beloved pet, it will take time for you to feel better. We never get over loosing them but we do learn to live without them. and yes they are smarter than we give them credit for. Take all the time you need to grieve, cry all you want, do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better. You are not alone, most of us here have lost a special pet also.

\ ++out them. Sorry for your loss and yes dogs do know more than we give them credit for.

daisybee22

Original Poster
Its very hard to loose a beloved pet, it will take time for you to feel better. We never get over loosing them but we do learn to live without them. and yes they are smarter than we give them credit for. Take all the time you need to grieve, cry all you want, do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better. You are not alone, most of us here have lost a special pet also.

\ ++out them. Sorry for your loss and yes dogs do know more than we give them credit for.
Thanks for your thoghts, i know ill get over it, but he was such a gentle boy and my first golden. I think it will take a while.

linda2147

You will learn to live without him, when and if you decide to get another dog don't think of it as the new one replacing the old one, you don't replace one with another, the new dog will make a new place all its own

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
On Friday January 24th my 13 year old golden retriever died. he was such a gentle dog. I never had any trouble with him.
I have two small dogs that thought he was their mother. One was attached to him and went everywhere he went. that
dog seems as lost as I am.
He had torn his acl at the beginning of the month, but seemed to be recovering well, so I was totally unprepared for Friday,
he was fine and acting normal in the morning, but went steadily downhill as the day went on.
I babysit for 3 grandchildren. I could tell he was getting worse but he waited to pass until the kids had gone home. I know
some people don't believe dogs, understand things, but if you knew Rocky you would know that he definetley waited until
the little kids wouldn't see what was going to happen.
Anyway, I am so sad, I don't know how to get past this. I know it will take time, but right now that doesn't seem possible. 😭😭
@daisybee22 So sad to hear about your Rocky, my sympathy for your loss....hugs. It natural for your other dogs to miss Rocky being there and grieve for his loss along with you. Be kind to yourself and give special attention for your other furkids, especially the one who was really attached to him. Hang in there, sometimes dogs at that age can react badly to an injury or surgery. Please keep us posted on how you are are doing since your loss. May Rocky rest peacefully. 💙

daisybee22

Original Poster
You will learn to live without him, when and if you decide to get another dog don't think of it as the new one replacing the old one, you don't replace one with another, the new dog will make a new place all its own
Thank you, i know the pain will lessen with time.

daisybee22

Original Poster
@daisybee22 So sad to hear about your Rocky, my sympathy for your loss....hugs. It natural for your other dogs to miss Rocky being there and grieve for his loss along with you. Be kind to yourself and give special attention for your other furkids, especially the one who was really attached to him. Hang in there, sometimes dogs at that age can react badly to an injury or surgery. Please keep us posted on how you are are doing since your loss. May Rocky rest peacefully. 💙

Thanks so much for your kind words.