Saav Has Left Us

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
Our sweet Sunshine Saavy has crossed the Bridge Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm. She was battling congestive heart failure and although we had her to the vet several times over two weeks and we all did everything we could, little Sunshine Saav had to be put to sleep. I am sorry, she was yowling in pain in her last minutes and we could not let her suffer any more. Not one more minute. Hubby rushed her to the vet.

Sunshine Saavy is now at the funeral home. She will be cremated and returned to us.

Rest well, my little Sunshine. Thank you for 16 years of joy. We love you and you will be sorely missed.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
What sad news, my condolences to your and your family, rest peacefully little Saav.

linda2147

Sorry to hear that but you did the right thing. We can't let them suffer because we don't want to loose them. Sorry for your loss

Jeffrey In USA

Very sorry for your loss. Losing a dear pet has always been one of the most difficult things for me to go through. Wishing you and your family the very best during this difficult time.

Saav

Original Poster
When we picked up her remains from the funeral home Tuesday, the director said they all got curious her name, Saavik. They Googled it, and found out she was named for Lieutenant Saavik on Star Trek, and Saavik in Vulcan means "little cat."

Saavy even gave them something to think about lol!

Rest in peace, Sunshine Saav. You were always my inspiration and you were such a hoot. Especially when you were tiny and used my lower legs as a scratching pole.

And that time when that huge moth, Mothra, got into the house and you knocked over lamps trying to get to it. You finally did get it, and left its remains on the piano.

And that time you tried fishing in the betta tank. Sorry my sweet Sunshine, they make tanks with locking lids for a reason. Still, it was hysterical watching you try to get to the betta.

And when we were waiting for the pizza guy and you decided to untie my tennis shoes. I thought you were playing with a toy around my feet. I had no idea you had untied my tennis shoes and I dang near killed myself stepping on my shoelaces while getting to the door. Luckily I have good balance and I didn't break anything.

And that time you nailed a little garter snake that somehow got into the garage. Thanks for putting that little gift on my pillow. Now we understand how good weatherstripping is on screen doors.

And thank you, sweet Sunshine Saavy, for stepping on the power switch on the power strip and turning everything off back in 2004. Honestly, we were on dial-up back then and trying to download Windows XP Service Pack 2 required us to be online for seven hours. That was your way of telling us you're more important than SP2, and that's why I started nailing all the power strips to the wall so that wouldn't happen again. Necessity is the mother of invention.

And thank you for deciding to try out the bathtub -- with me in it. Of course cats don't like water. That's how I ended up bleeding like a stuck pig with like 17 band-aids on me. You sure smelled like lavender for a couple days. That was nice.

And sweet Sunshine, I didn't know you were in the dryer until I started it up. I was interrupted by a phone call and slammed the door shut and started it. I'm sorry, Sunshine, but it was hysterical when I heard you yowling, opened the door, and you shot out like a bullet. You landed in the middle of the living room floor and gave me the stink-eye as I was laughing. Sorry, but I gave you treats and you got over it.

Then you promptly stole one of my stuffed animals and held it hostage in the garage. I gave it to you, Sunshine. You deserved it.

Thought I'd share some great stuff about our little Sunshine Saav. I thank you all for your kindnesses, and hope you enjoyed these things about Saavy. She rests well, and I hope you all know she is loved.

Bless your precious little heart, Sunshine Saav. You were an inspiration, a joy, and a miracle. Thank you for being in our lives, dear heart.

Oh and one other thing - she decided to get on top of the back door, balancing herself up there. We couldn't find her. So I had to go to the garage and take care of the litterboxes .... and there she was, balancing on the open solid wood door by the screen.

Me: Get down, Saav!!

Saav: Pfftt. I'm fine up here. What's your problem?

Me: C'mon, Saavy, come down.

Saav: Um ... no. I like it up here.

Me: Hey Saav, got some tuna (waving the can in her face)

She came down, I had made a tuna sandwich with a bit of the leftover tuna, and she had a bit of tuna I kept for her.

She was just too funny.

Thank you all

linda2147

We all cherish the memories of the antics of our lost ones. They are gone but never forgotten. I remember when my first bengal destroyed a nest of baby mice under my washing machine. He put one in his litterbox, one in my daughter's bed and one on my desk chair. The rest were scattered mouse parts all over the house. For weeks he kept going to the washing machine hoping to find more but he had gotten them all. Another time I had gone out to start the pool and the two dogs came with me. I came in and went to bed. He came in my room jumping up and down on me screaming at me and I told him to go away, he came back and did it again, I got up to see what was going on and found one of the dogs on the step, I had forgotten her outside. They know more than we give them credit for.

Saav

Original Poster
We all cherish the memories of the antics of our lost ones. They are gone but never forgotten. I remember when my first bengal destroyed a nest of baby mice under my washing machine. He put one in his litterbox, one in my daughter's bed and one on my desk chair. The rest were scattered mouse parts all over the house. For weeks he kept going to the washing machine hoping to find more but he had gotten them all. Another time I had gone out to start the pool and the two dogs came with me. I came in and went to bed. He came in my room jumping up and down on me screaming at me and I told him to go away, he came back and did it again, I got up to see what was going on and found one of the dogs on the step, I had forgotten her outside. They know more than we give them credit for.
Oh they are so different and so funny!

My life is so rich because of our Sunshine Saav.