Sandy was spayed

linda2147

Had to have her there for 8:15, had the pre surgery blood work done, she was spayed, microchiped and the hernia repaired and they gave her the dreaded rabies shot. They aren't keeping her overnight, I can go get her at 3:30 this afternoon. Orri is driving me nuts, he walking around crying, looking for her.

I took every precaution I could before the surgery, I know its a routine thing but still things can happen so I had everything done to spot any problem before it happened. I still remember a friend of mine had a great dane, brought him in to be neutered and he died during the procedure. I'd be devastated if anything happened to her. Just be glad when she gets home.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
ConCATulations, Sandy! I was thinking about her, but forgot she had a hernia.

OMG poor doggie. That is why I refused to have dental work done on a geriatric cat with CRF despite my vet's assurance it rarely happens. I would never forgive myself for doing it if she did not wake up.

Was it the one-year or three-year rabies vaccine?

Esme

It's a worry anytime they're under anesthesia but it had to be done and she'll be fine. Poor Orri though missing his little sister so much.

linda2147

Original Poster
one year, vet said it was a teeny tiny hernia, took about five minutes to clean and close, but she is refusing to wear the "hat" took it off in the car and twice more within five minutes. She was starving, they offered her food which she wouldn't eat but she ate when she got home. She's walking a bit stiff but otherwise she's fine, have two different pain meds for her, one is a tiny tablet once a day and the other is in syringe to take before bed.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Of course Sandy would not eat there. She was scared, in pain, and feeling "not right." Not to mention being in what kittens think is a bad place.

Orri must have been excited to see his little sister come home before realizing she was not in a mood to play with him.

linda2147

Original Poster
right now she is sleeping behind the wood stove, he's in his rocking chair, its like he knows she isn't feeling good and not trying to get her to play

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Your house must be ancient.

Cats are good at sensing when friends are not feeling well. It is pretty obvious to Orri if you can see her walking differently.

Esme

Thanks for the update Linda. It's good she's sleeping and Orri, Nanny & Phoenix will watch over her while she mends. I wish I had a wood stove because they really heat up the place nicely on this snowy night. No place like home:love_heart:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I'm glad she got through it okay, it is always a worry when they have to go under to be operated on. Hope she recovers quickly, and doesn't get too lively too fast, hugs for Sandy.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I'm glad she got through it okay, it is always a worry when they have to go under to be operated on. Hope she recovers quickly, and doesn't get too lively too fast, hugs for Sandy.
You can forget about that. So far I have had three kittens and all of them were too playful soon after being spayed.

linda2147

Original Poster
no she takes it off as soon as I put it on. I put colloidal silver on it, she doesn't bother it and it looks really good, actually its healing nicely and she isn't bothering it.

IMG_1242 (1).jpg

this is after using the silver one night

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
None of my three girls bothered their stitches. What is the colloidal silver for?

It looks like she has swelling at the incision site. So did Daisy.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
no she takes it off as soon as I put it on. I put colloidal silver on it, she doesn't bother it and it looks really good, actually its healing nicely and she isn't bothering it.
this is after using the silver one night
I'm glad it's looking good Linda, using the silver definitely doesn't hurt.

linda2147

Original Poster
she's doing fine, running around like nothing ever happened. She goes next friday to have the stitches out but they look really good

Esme

That's good to hear:) She's such an active little one and I was hoping her stitches were okay. Plus you're speeding up the healing process with silver. I really need to order that to have on hand.

linda2147

Original Poster
the ionic silver has bigger particles that don't penetrate the germs, you need to get true colloidal silver