Scratching post and pad replacements?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Daisy usually sharpens here claws on her Turbo Scratcher (the oriiginal). She also has a diagonal seagrass scratching post, but it needs to be replaced. Now the corrugated cardboard is also worn out and coming apart in the middle. I also have tooth and claw damage on the back of my desk chair, which is not going to be replaced

Daisy says hi: 8585858585858585858585858585858585858585858

So now I am wondering what type of scratching product to buy next. She is mostly a horizontal scratcher and preferred the bottom of the diagonal post. When she puts her claws in my chair, I know it and pull them out because I am in it. However she does scrastch the top of the back. So a vertical post would seem like a waste of money except for those times she digs her claws in my char, apparently trying to scratch it. I have a small bedroom and want to get rid of the Turbo Scratcher because Daisy has little interest in the balls. What type of scratching products should I shop for?

linda2147

put some double sided tape on the back of the chair, she won't like the sticky feel of the tape on her feet and she'll leave it alone. My cat tree has the sisal rope on the legs and they scratch that, I also have another shorter one, they use sometimes and a turbo scratcher. If you spray whatever you want her to scratch with catnip that may encourage her to scratch there

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I wish I could have a cat tree. Daisy would love it.

Now that the Turbo Scratcher does not have corrugated cardboard in the middle, she goes crazy for the twinkle ball in it.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Mom complained they get dirty and are hard to clean. She is adamant about not getting one. At the same time, she is annoyed by my unwillingness to look for a cat scratcher online without getting input from you ladies.

linda2147

tell mom to make a choice, either live with a cat tree or scratched up furniture! I have a large one that goes almost to the ceiling and the other smaller scratcher in the link above. I thought they'd like the basket, Orri would use it but he's to big for it, the other two don't use it except the scratching post part. But they all like the big tree

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
Mom complained they get dirty and are hard to clean. She is adamant about not getting one. At the same time, she is annoyed by my unwillingness to look for a cat scratcher online without getting input from you ladies.

I can under stand, it's kind of like my mom and my old cat. I told you about that in the thread "My old cat" that I started.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
tell mom to make a choice, either live with a cat tree or scratched up furniture!
That's true! Plus, CatMom, if you mother is so worried about it getting dirty, you take care of the new one....easy to keep it clean. Just vacuum the areas frequently, and get any other stray cat hairs off with a brush or wear a damp rubber glove. Clean it regularly and your mother can't complain. In my opinion, it's unfair to keep a cat in the house without at least one nice tall cat tree for scratching and hanging out.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I think so too, for the cats who love them. Fortunately Daisy is small enough to sit in window sills and likes smaller things to scratch on, but it is disappointing to not give her more high surfaces and a multipurpose thing.

Linda, that tree looks like a kid's playground.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Those cat trees look almost like contemporary art sculptures. It is crazy how creative some cat tree designers are these days.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I like the one on the left too Yeti. CatMom, there's probably a lot of unique designs out there that we don't even know about, if someone wants to spend the money, they could probably get almost any design to suit any decor.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Of course these cat trees will not help me find new things for Daisy to scratch on. One reason I love cat trees is they give cats horizontal and vertical scratching surfaces at the same time.

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
Of course these cat trees will not help me find new things for Daisy to scratch on. One reason I love cat trees is they give cats horizontal and vertical scratching surfaces at the same time.

Yes, thats what I like too, although I do not have one.

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
That looks like a cool one, but make sure it's good quality before you get it. (if you get it)

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Those type of cardboard scratchers always leave small pieces of cardboard all over the floor, you won't get away from a mess with that type of scratcher.