So worried

linda2147

I have a vet apt. at 2 this afternoon to take my bengal to the vet. I am so worried about him, the last couple of days he's been loosing a lot of weight and now has started throwing up and he peed in my yarn box. So not like him, he is a big cat and super clean, he's has always used his litter box but now he acts confused, doesn't seem to know where he is or what he's doing.

I'm so afraid its something serious as he is not a young cat. Right now my biggest fear is its something really bad and I'll be coming home without him.

Please keep good thoughts for me and my cat for whats ahead this afternoon

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby, hope the vet can give some answers, and it's not too serious. Please let us know what happens...((hugs)). :love_heart:

LPC

My very best wishes to you. How did things go?

linda2147

Original Poster
my boy is gone, vet did tests and xrays and said he had a large cancerous mass in his chest and was filling up with fluid making it hard to breathe. There was no cure, said he would have lasted maybe a week to a month but just getting sicker and sicker. I would not let him suffer. He died in my arms and I'm just devestated I had him since he was an 8 week old kitten. He meant everything to me.

I'll never have another cat like him, he was the once in a life time cat.

LPC

I'm truly sorry to read your news. I'm afraid that I sensed that had happened before I posted, but I didn't want to send anything which could upset you.

I understand how you are feeling right now. You are welcome to contact me via PM or via my site contact page if you need support. Your decision to let him pass over now prevented him from suffering any further. You made the loving and compassionate decision. Your love for each other will never die. Your dear cat has passed into another dimension, but you will be reunited. Be sure of that!

Every best wish to you....

linda2147

Original Poster
In my mind I see a tiny kitten sitting on my shoulder being carried around the house, He would crawl down my shirt or bathrobe and sleep against me, even as he grew to a 16 pound cat he still tried to get in my bathrobe. He slept with me every night, he'd put his head under my chin and cuddle up beside me and he was a talker. A couple of years ago my daughter had a large oil painting done of him, Beautiful picture of him but I will be taking that down. I can't look at any pictures of him without remembering him in my arms looking up at me as he took his last breath. He was so bonded tome that if I left him alone he'd pull his hair out, I took him to the vet to see what was wrong, vet said it was stress to get him a kitten so I got him a siamese kitten. He loved her but he still loved me more. He was always with me. Now he's gone and I feel like someone ripped my heart out.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Linda, I'm so sorry. :( I can't imagine how you're feeling, my deepest sympathy and condolences. :rose:

linda2147

Original Poster
Happy mother' day to everyone I canceled all my mother's day plans, I'm not feeling very festive after loosing my beloved bengal but my kids still came here with surprises for me. I'm happy but I don't know what to do. My oldest daughter gave me a beautiful leather purse, inside was a very large check from my son in law for me to get another bengal kitten. Its way to soon to be thinking about another kitten. And I don't even know if I want another, the pain is still to fresh on loosing my boy. My son in law said if I want a kitten, no matter where it is he will fly me out to get it. He has checked with a breeder already and she has a littler due tomorrow and another on Friday, he said that will give me three months to decide if I want one or not. These will be championship bred kittens. I am so torn as to what to do. i have to really think about this. My boy will never be replaced, he will always live in my heart and memory but do I want another? Right now I'm saying no but how will I feel in a couple of months? Anyone got any suggestions?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I think you'll know when the time is right to get another kitten, it varies for us all. Personally, we have usually gotten another pet after losing one fairly quickly...but never rushed, it helps to heal the heart and I think that's what our pets would have wanted, for us to be happy again.

I wouldn't think of it as "replacing" your cat, but just as welcoming another feline into your home...but still keeping the loving thoughts and memories of the cat you lost. Your baby at the 'bridge' feels your love, and knows you will never forget him, and that you'll always cherish the time you had together.

A new Bengal kitten, IMO, would be nice for you. It sounds like three months is a good amount of time to think about it. Of course, don't rush into anything, you are still grieving the loss of your baby. But never feel guilt in getting another kitten, it's what your boy would have wanted you to do. :love_heart:

linda2147

Original Poster
I do feel guilty about even thinking about another kitten. I keep thinking was there more I could have done for him, did I put him down to quickly? Maybe I shouldn't have anything, I couldn't save him. I don't think I'll get another. I know I've got time to think it over but I feel like I'm trying to replace him and no cat will ever replace him. Its only been three days since I lost him, I'm just not ready. The way I feel right now I'll never be. I think I'm going to give my son in law the check back, thank him for the gesture but I can't do it.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I understand exactly how you feel Linda, you just lost him, and although it was a nice gesture by your son-in-law...it's too soon. It probably doesn't even seem real to you yet. :( How are Phoenix and your other cat doing, I'm sure they're missing him also?

You may be ready to open your heart again someday, it's wise not to rush if you're not ready. You're lucky to have children who really care about you, and despite all the sadness you're going through, I hope you had a nice mother's day. :glittered:

linda2147

Original Poster
I've been thinking about it and I am not going to get another kitten. No cat will ever replace him and it would be unfair to a kitten to compare it with him. I'm just so depressed right now and think it better if I just don't get anything. The siamese is looking for him and crying, Phoenix could care less, she looks but when she doesn't see him she goes on to something else.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Hugs to you and your beautiful Siamese, she needs some extra attention now for sure.

linda2147

Original Poster
This is my siamese, she is a lilac point. I call her naughty nanny because she is always into something. Did you know that when a siamese gets upset or angry their eyes turn red?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I didn't know about the red eyes, always thought it was from the camera flash. Googled it and read that it had something to do with tapetum and light reflection, helps them to see better.

Thanks for helping me learn something new today Linda! Your girl is a beauty! :friendly_wink:

linda2147

Original Poster
I got her to keep the bengal company when I had to go out, she is a real lap cat, she will sit with anyone, the bengal was more reserved, he would only sit with me and sometimes my son, he'd hiss at anyone else that tried to pet him or pick him up.

linda2147

Original Poster
that bengal breeder called my daughter and said 5 kittens were born today. She wants me to go see them in two weeks. I'm so torn, I want to see them but if do then I know I will want one and I am not ready to get another bengal

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
You have to follow your heart on this one...I'd be tempted to see them.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Awwww :love_heart:, no it doesn't hurt to look. :friendly_wink: