Something for your summer cookouts

linda2147

one can or bottle of regular beer, not light beer

2 regular size bottles of bbq sauce, I use baby ray's bbq sauce

6 or more kielbasa sticks

In a crockpot mix the beer and bbq sauce, after well blended add cut up chunks of the kielbasa

set crock pot on low and cook overnight

this is a real favorite with everyone, no matter how much I make there is never any left and always the first thing to go

eat and enjoy

TTouch

:) :):):)

Oh boy it has taken me an age to decypher your recipe...still not sure if I have 'got it'

one can or bottle of regular beer, not light beer
So is that stout or a Pale Ale ....Lager I am assuming is what you call light beer.... I am assuming the mid range Pale Ale

kielbasa sticks
WHAT? :eek:

Then after searching "a smoked sausage of Polish origin "...so which one ? Maybe a Kabano? or Parowki ( something like a hotdog sausage) or the Wiejska or maybe it is one of the others

linda2147

Original Poster
I just use regular bud beer, mix well with the bbq sauce then add the cut up kielbasa. The package should say kielbasa but maybe a smoked polish sausage would work but I don't know about that, I never tried it.

if its light beer the bottle or can would say light otherwise its regular.

You will not have a beer taste because all the cooking just goes into the sauce and meat.

everyone loves it and no matter how much I make its one of the first things to go. try it, you'll love it

linda2147

Original Poster
kielbasa comes in a package like bacon, its like a long fat hot dog , usually six or eight pieces to a package. Ask your grocer if you can't find it. It would be near the bacon.

linda2147

Original Poster
I don't think it will make much of a difference as the beer or lager will just burn away during the cooking in the crock pot. Just gives the food a different yummy flavor

TTouch

OK so 'Bud beer' presumerably is Budweiser which is an American-style pale lager ...we have Budweiser lager here

The kielbasa sticks is the Wiejska sausage ... so typically only pork here, but there are Polish shops so likely they have beef ones

Only times I use beer in cooking is lager to make a beer batter to coat fish or onion rings ( makes a very light and crispy batter ) and then deep fried or stout ( like Guinness) or Pale Ale ( a beer in between Stout and Lager) to cook the beef/kidney's for Steak/Kidney pie or lamb shanks braised in Ale

mechi2

I think real authentic Polish kielbasa is made from pork so you probably won't find beef ones in a Polish deli

linda2147

Original Poster
when I make it it disappears quickly, try it and let me know how you liked it