SOS, Help! My dog has askites in his abdomen, and I am posting the exams, if anyone can help!

VMaria

Hello, I have this maltese - terrie, male, and he has had this askitis for the past two months at least. I ve done this examinations, but the doctor said he cannot proceed in any surgery, do not know why, I think he is bored really to do so. The Review is in Greek, I will post it, if anyone speaks Greek , maybe he can tell me. In the first page, it says, all the internal organs are normal, with no cancer. All of them! But the belly must have sth, it is written in the final Review they say that there is cancer inside the belly. Does anyone want to help here, maybe it s not, maybe we can make this surgery to the dog.

Attachments

Last edited:

VMaria

Original Poster
I am posting some more images of the abdomen. I also have the view of what is happening in his belly, but it s in Greek. I will try to translate it and put it here.

Attachments

mechi2

Sorry about your dog's health issues, I know how distressing it must be. I don't have any help to give, I can only suggest that you take your dog to another vet for a second opinion

VMaria

Original Poster
Yes thank you, I will do so, I just asked here, if there is a doctor, maybe he can say if this is malignant cancer, or not.
Τhe last page, is the result - The findings of the Ultrasound and it says these
the ultrasound image of the liver, nodular hyperplasia, infiltration of tumor cells, abscess, necrosis. The cirrhotic process of the organ and the infiltration of tumor cells are considered the most probable. Askitis , in a large scale.
the increase in the ultrasound of the small intestine at first estimate is compatible with protein loss
bladder inflammation. The ultrasound image of the spleen may be due to d.d infiltration by tumor cells, extramedullary hematopoiesis, hematoma, onset nodular hyperplasia.

Last edited: