Stinky cloudy tank mistake

Lilliemoon5ilver

So I did the thing you’re never supposed to do... I did a full water change and filter clean on my YBS tank... For the first time in over a decade my house stunk of turtle tank! I should have known better! Now the smell is even worse and I can’t see through the cloudiness. I’ve added bacteria to the tank near the intake and I’ve been doing water tests daily for ammonia, ph, nitrites and nitrates. The ammonia seems to be clearing up but I don’t see a rise in nitrites. Wondering if I should do a 25-50% water change at this point since it’s been almost a week. All the advice I find seems to pertain to how to not end up here... guess I’m hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix the mistake made. Anyone know how to fix it?

Beautiful Beasties

So I did the thing you’re never supposed to do... I did a full water change and filter clean on my YBS tank... For the first time in over a decade my house stunk of turtle tank! I should have known better! Now the smell is even worse and I can’t see through the cloudiness. I’ve added bacteria to the tank near the intake and I’ve been doing water tests daily for ammonia, ph, nitrites and nitrates. The ammonia seems to be clearing up but I don’t see a rise in nitrites. Wondering if I should do a 25-50% water change at this point since it’s been almost a week. All the advice I find seems to pertain to how to not end up here... guess I’m hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix the mistake made. Anyone know how to fix it?
I don't know where you're located but here is a number to an aquarium store in Ohio that is very kind and willing to give advice. 937-974-1390 a wonderful older man owns it and will answer. He's taught me a lot more over the last 2 years and I've never even purchased anything from him yet. Though I plan to when I get another tank set up this year. Side note. Lol.

I wanna make sure I understand a few things. It is a planted tank, right? And you want to RAISE your nitrates right? If it were me, yes, I'd do a partial water change and then get something that helps raise nitrates. This is very good for planted tanks. https://www.amazon.com/Seachem-116062305-Flourish-Nitrogen-500ml/dp/B001EUG7F2