Stress and Anxiety

Aimitertyso

How has the current situation affected your stress and anxiety levels? Was it better before the pandemic?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I'm retired, and I didn't have much stress or anxiety before or during the pandemic. My life hasn't been affected much by the virus.

TTouch

I think at the beginning it was very stressful for everyone as humans need to make sense of everything, we need a logical answer to satisfy us and early on, I think for many ( me included) it was disbeleif, " how can this happen"... " is it true"... then Government steps in with rules/regulations, closing down the country, isolating people and what kicks in then was fear of 'it is real' we just can't see it, if it was 10 foot man eating monsters stalking the streets then as we 'see' them it is understood, but an invisible indiscriminate killer is something else and then comes resentment of being confined/restricted so a whole range of emotions, thoughts and feelings and we go through these at different times to other people.......

I remember finding it funny when supermarkets set up a one way system and people queued spaced out 6 foot apart each time anyone stopped to look for something they wanted and decided I was not queuing up outside the shop in line for an hour with only a one in one out policy in plce and it was time to use up everything in my store cupboards and freezer and then being angry when I saw people loading their trolley up with all and any toilet paper thinking these were selfish people who were causing the shortages of products that there were no shortages of in reality, or one person who handled several packages 'contaminating them' before choosing one they wanted yet they were all the same product.

Shortly after with more information I loved the social responsibility, the human acts of caring and kindness, appreciating the people who lived nearby and I live in a very socialable country were people always say hello when walking by and people driving are very considerate to other road users and pedestrians there is always a wave however even here this improved, we all looked out for other people, took the time to keep a distance and speak or wave to the ladygent standing looking out of their window, look after others, share what we had and provide shopping for those house bound.

Our youth in the village set up a shopping service early on to take orders over the phone/internet and door step deliver , they phoned villagers to see if they were OK and for a chat, some cut peoples grass all masked up. At one point we were allowed one hour per day walking/excerising and limited to a 2 miles only limit from home with police on the streets to enforce it but it was 'sort of' organised by dog walkers to go out around the same time and keep their distance which helped lots of people stay in touch and lots of fear reactive dogs learning not to be fear reactive..... I think there have been more benefits than negatives, it reminded us all we need to care about other people and reminding us all about positive social responsibity.

With work from home it enabled employers to see productivity for many occupations remained high or got even better, which means less traffic on the roads, less parking needed and less commuting to work benefits families with children childcare , also making them appreciate teachers and the learning/teaching they do with many parents also taking online classes to improve themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

linda2147

I know the disease is deadly but I also know worry never changed the outcome of anything. so I think people went over board with the whole thing. And everyone rushing to get the shot because the government says its safe is nonsense. the government is counting on people being like sheep and following everthing they say and anyone with half a brain knows the polotitions are all liars.

As touch said it was quite stressful at the start, but I quickly adjusted and took all the benefits that came with it (i remember wearing PJ's all-day 🤪 )

The toilet paper thing was crazy. We had enough toilet paper thankfully but getting it was a little hard with it always being off the shelves.

The hornet thing was a little bit frightening but not too much

Fires were- ugh

i got to watch a ton more Korean dramas, though!

I picked up a lot of hobbies and got to discover myself more.

Anyways, it's my new norm so I think my stress levels are good or even better.

PhoenixKoi

We are all very lucky to have that we had our pets to get us through this Pandemic. It was all very stressfull in the begining but having our pets there to confort us is a real blessing.

Aimitertyso

Original Poster
I have read that pets feel the same amount of stress as we do during these times. I'm happy if someone can confirm.

Aimitertyso

Original Poster
We are all very lucky to have that we had our pets to get us through this Pandemic. It was all very stressfull in the begining but having our pets there to confort us is a real blessing.
Totally agree! Life would be hard for all of us if it wasn't for them.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I have read that pets feel the same amount of stress as we do during these times. I'm happy if someone can confirm.
They're keen on the moods of people around them. If the owner and household members are really stressed out, frustrated, angry, sad or upset in any situation, it will affect our pets.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
For the most part it was pretty easy for my family. We are homebodies. I was already homeschooled (because of health problems and such, I would never be able to attend a normal high school) and my dad works from home. My mom works at an accounting office.

The main issue for us was judgment. We were a large family. A couple of my siblings have now moved out, but in the beginning it was 5 teenagers… yes, 5.

When my mom and I would go shopping (I’m her main shopping assistant and help her with loading groceries, etc) we had to buy a lot. We’ve always had to buy a lot. Obviously 1 bag of toilet paper won’t last 7 people a whole month. When we’d buy 2-3 bags of toilet paper, or 2 bags of frozen chicken instead of 1 on our usual shopping trip, we’d get people scowling at us and whispering under their breath “those hoarders.”

Obviously they didn’t realize the situation, but it still stung a bit.

“One item per customer” policies and such aren’t very accommodating for large families.

Shopping was the only touchy area I think, for the most part life didn’t changed much.

Last edited:

mercy

this pandemic has both advantages and disadvantages to me. it made me stay at home in which I never enjoyed before but now I love staying at home and I've got more time to play with our dogs and do things I want.
It only stresses me with the fact that we are at risk especially my grandmother. seeing my family getting sick is one thing that hurts me the most.