surprise for me

linda2147

Been having a problem with my kindle, wouldn't hold a charge, Today is amazon prime day so my daughter and son in law surprised me with a new 10 inch 64 gig new one, should have it in a couple of days. And Penny and Nathan got married last week. When I get a good wedding pic I'll post it

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
That's great Linda, how thoughtful of them. Congratulations to Penny and Nathan on their marriage, I wish them many years of happiness together. ❤

linda2147

Original Poster
they have been going together for five years. I like Nathan a lot. he did three tours in Afg, now he's going to school on the gi bill, one more year and he'll have his master's degree in cyber security.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Congratulations to them. I am glad you like your new family member. How was the wedding?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
they have been going together for five years. I like Nathan a lot. he did three tours in Afg, now he's going to school on the gi bill, one more year and he'll have his master's degree in cyber security.
That's great Linda, I thank him for his service. Looks like he'll have a very successful career, happy for the both of them. We just had a small wedding, justice of the peace, and happily married over 40 years later.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Very small wedding, just immediate family and a few friends. They are going to have a reception at a later date.
That is weird. I never heard of a reception not being the same day as the wedding.

My sister had a small wedding too.

wombat

Congratulations on your Daughter and Son inlaws wedding, lovely photo of them both.
That was a lovely gift you recieved.

linda2147

Original Poster
My new kindle came today, My daughter is setting it up for me. She has amazon prime so everything is in her name which works out well for us because when either of us buy a book it comes on both kindles. She is putting the netflix apt on it so if I want to watch something in bed I can. Its a ten inch so has a nice screen. I have netflix on the tv so she just has to set it up with my modum. That will be done tomorrow. Have to take Phoenix to have her nails done and then I'm going shopping for a new air conditioner. The big one I have in the living room is old, got that one when Penny was born, now its freezing up and blowing warm air. Time for a new one. Either Alex to Tom will put it in for me. The one in my room works great but only cools my room. The big one will do the whole house.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Glad you got your Kindle Linda, and your daughter is helping you set it up. Good luck with the AC, we have a Frigidaire, small one in the bedroom and it works great. I like that brand, have had 2 freezers and a fridge and it's my preferred brand.

How are your eyes feeling these days, hoping you're feeling better than you were. 🧡

linda2147

Original Poster
my eyes are the same, maybe at some point a little improvement but not likely. Have to go back to Boston on the 2nd again. I hate going to Boston. Got my ac, got a big one 14000 btu but not a window one, a portable one that you vent out through a window but can move it from window to window if you wish. Should cool the whole house. Already in and working, going to need it for the weekend, supposed to be 99 degrees and high humidity. Kindle is all set up, Tom even put Alexa on it. Haven't tried Alexa yet but I will. I have frididare appliances also but checked the reviews on the ac and it didn't do as well as the lg so I got an lg. My washer is lg and never had any issues with it. The new kind with no agitator. Much more room in the tub with no agitator in the way

linda2147

Original Poster
I think people are getting more stupid by the day. I had Phoenix at the groomer's to do her nails. had to wait about five minutes while she finished the dog she was working on so I kind of stood in the corner out of the way with her. Some man came in with a little boy, the kid started walking towards us with the intention of petting her, I told him not to touch her that she will bite him, he kind of just stood there looking at us but several times started to come towards us, Finally the father got his dog food and said "beautiful shepherd, is she friendly? Duh, I said no she is not friendly, at that point he took his kid and left. Phoenix was a good girl, kept her eye on him but didn't lunge or anything.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Gosh people should know German shepherds are not friendly dogs.

And why on Earth would a dad leave his little kid alone near one?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
my eyes are the same, maybe at some point a little improvement but not likely. Have to go back to Boston on the 2nd again. I hate going to Boston. Got my ac, got a big one 14000 btu but not a window one, a portable one that you vent out through a window but can move it from window to window if you wish. Should cool the whole house. Already in and working, going to need it for the weekend, supposed to be 99 degrees and high humidity. Kindle is all set up, Tom even put Alexa on it. Haven't tried Alexa yet but I will. I have frididare appliances also but checked the reviews on the ac and it didn't do as well as the lg so I got an lg. My washer is lg and never had any issues with it. The new kind with no agitator. Much more room in the tub with no agitator in the way
Good luck on your next doctor's visit, at least your eyes aren't worsening. Congrats on your new AC, sounds like a good one. We've been hot and in the 90, mowed my lawn today and had to call it quits, too hot. I'll finish up another day, supposed to get back to the 80s on the weekend, we'll see.

I have a Kenmore front loader, I love it, first front loader I ever had, lots of room and soooo much better than the top loaders with the agitator.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I think people are getting more stupid by the day. I had Phoenix at the groomer's to do her nails. had to wait about five minutes while she finished the dog she was working on so I kind of stood in the corner out of the way with her. Some man came in with a little boy, the kid started walking towards us with the intention of petting her, I told him not to touch her that she will bite him, he kind of just stood there looking at us but several times started to come towards us, Finally the father got his dog food and said "beautiful shepherd, is she friendly? Duh, I said no she is not friendly, at that point he took his kid and left. Phoenix was a good girl, kept her eye on him but didn't lunge or anything.
You're smart to keep a watchful eye, you can't depend on others to pay attention or keep their kids safe. :rolleyes:

linda2147

Original Poster
going to be 99 tomorrow with high humidity. I'll be staying inside with my ac on. I've been taking Phoenix for her run early, around 6 am before it gets to hot. She is content to lay in front of the ac and once she goes to run she doesn't hound me the rest of the day. Penny brought me a large cup of blackberries she had picked, Phoenix always eats with me but I didn't think she'd eat berries but she did, gobbled them right up. the only thing she won't eat with me is oysters. She looks and when I offer her one she just backs off. But she will eat most anything I have.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Ugh, I would die in 99 degrees. Not literally, but it feels like I am in a hot shower after turning the water off.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
going to be 99 tomorrow with high humidity. I'll be staying inside with my ac on. I've been taking Phoenix for her run early, around 6 am before it gets to hot. She is content to lay in front of the ac and once she goes to run she doesn't hound me the rest of the day. Penny brought me a large cup of blackberries she had picked, Phoenix always eats with me but I didn't think she'd eat berries but she did, gobbled them right up. the only thing she won't eat with me is oysters. She looks and when I offer her one she just backs off. But she will eat most anything I have.
I don't get up that early, but I have been taking my dog out earlier in the day and for a shorter walk, always have water for him. I'm with Phoenix on the oysters. :p

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
My sister can only walk her dogs early or late all year. She or her husband bought glow in the dark leashes.