Tango The 4-H Cat

AnimalLovingIdiot13

Okay, my 4-H group, the Pioneers, has a new club mascot. The neighbor's cat Tango has been loving the 4-H kids!

So, Tango is a mutt (Before you say that mutt is a dog term, let me ask you this: What is a word for a mix breed cat? Nothing? Exactly), who lives at our neighbor's house. She started coming into our barn every night a few months ago. That habit hasn't changed.

Last night, we had a 4-H meeting in the barn. While we were setting up, Tango waltzed right in and started "cat-nagging" (as I like to call it) us to pet her and let her sit on our lap so she can rip our pants to shreds (HOLY BALLS, that cat has claws!). We figured she'd walk on home when the kids showed up, but she stuck around (the meal theme was bacon and she didn't want to leave that).

So, the kids start petting Tango and chasing her around. It took 5 minutes. No joke, she warmed up to the kids in about 5 minutes and started just playing with them back and having a good time. People fed her tiny bits of table scraps, ran around with her, gave her all the petting in the world. Tango was having a blast!

linda2147

it doesn't matter purebred or not they don't know or care what they are but they all need a home. look past the fur and see just an animal that needs a home and care.

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum. That is really cool about Tango being a 4-H cat!

The feline word for "mutt" is moggie, but most people don't know that. I wish mixed breed cats were also called mutts because everybody knows that word.

AnimalLovingIdiot13

Original Poster
it doesn't matter purebred or not they don't know or care what they are but they all need a home. look past the fur and see just an animal that needs a home and care.
I know. I just thought with dogs, goats, horses, rabbits, etc., saying their breed will give you a good visual of what they look like. I'm just stuck in the habit of doing that. And Tango isn't a stray, she doesn't need a home and love (well, she needs it, but the way you said it sounded like you thought she was homeless). She just would rather stay outside than go in. Her owners try to get her in at night, but she rarely goes in. Not that she's had a bad experience with houses or doors or anything. She's a hunter at heart and likes to stay where the mice are. That's why she goes into our barn. She's like the native americans, going where the buffalo go.

Last edited:

AnimalLovingIdiot13

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum. That is really cool about Tango being a 4-H cat!

The feline word for "mutt" is moggie, but most people don't know that. I wish mixed breed cats were also called mutts because everybody knows that word.
I know, right? I don't know where the hell my family's from so I even call myself a mutt man 😆

I actually had no idea muggie was a word. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks, @CatMom1994!

CatMom1994

I know, right? I don't know where my family's from so I even call myself a mutt man.

I actually had no idea moggie was a word. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks,@CatMom1994!
I learned the word moggie on a cat message board or this one. I hate that word for cats because it rhymes with doggie.

Anyway, tell us about Tango. How did he get his name?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Okay, my 4-H group, the Pioneers, has a new club mascot. The neighbor's cat Tango has been loving the 4-H kids!

So, Tango is a mutt (Before you say that mutt is a dog term, let me ask you this: What is a word for a mix breed cat? Nothing? Exactly), who lives at our neighbor's house. She started coming into our barn every night a few months ago. That habit hasn't changed.

Last night, we had a 4-H meeting in the barn. While we were setting up, Tango waltzed right in and started "cat-nagging" (as I like to call it) us to pet her and let her sit on our lap so she can rip our pants to shreds (HOLY BALLS, that cat has claws!). We figured she'd walk on home when the kids showed up, but she stuck around (the meal theme was bacon and she didn't want to leave that).

So, the kids start petting Tango and chasing her around. It took 5 minutes. No joke, she warmed up to the kids in about 5 minutes and started just playing with them back and having a good time. People fed her tiny bits of table scraps, ran around with her, gave her all the petting in the world. Tango was having a blast!
Great that Tango was socialized enough not to be afraid and actually enjoying the attention, wonderful! :)