The 4th is coming up!

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a thread about the 4th of July! :cool: It is not tomorrow, but the next day! My favorite part is the fireworks. Also, my family will be having 'Big Macs' for dinner....homemade! 🍔

What will you be having and what's your favorite part?

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!! 🇺🇸

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
We're going to have a rib BBQ this weekend, not sure what day. I'm not crazy about the fireworks where I live, they are a fire danger and they scare the dogs in the neighborhood. I can see some distant ones from my yard, the colorful ones are nice. Hope everyone here has a safe and enjoyable holiday.

linda2147

Going to my sister's for a cookout, as usual I'm making the kielbasa cooked in a crock pot with bbq sauce and beer. The beer boils away so you don't taste it but it gives the kielbasa a nice flavor with the sauce. No matter how much of this I make its always the first thing to go and there is never any left. If anyone wants the recipe just ask, its a favorite anywhere it goes

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
Going to my sister's for a cookout, as usual I'm making the kielbasa cooked in a crock pot with bbq sauce and beer. The beer boils away so you don't taste it but it gives the kielbasa a nice flavor with the sauce. No matter how much of this I make its always the first thing to go and there is never any left. If anyone wants the recipe just ask, its a favorite anywhere it goes
Nice! Do you watch the fireworks?

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
What is a kelbasa?

Not interested in the recipe, but where did you find it?

I can see fireworks from my back yard.
I used to be able to see fireworks that way. Unfortunately where I live now there is no way to see them without driving to UF. One year I saw them in a parking lot. As much as I love fireworks shows I will not stand near my car behind a lightpole again.

I always wear red, white, and blue on July 4. Mom puts an American flag up at the front door. That's it.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
Good morning everyone!

It's July 4th! I watch the parade, and it starts at 11:00 AM!

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Have a great time Linda! My mother used to make Kielbasa and other Polish dishes, everyone loved them!

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
No disrespect to any kielbasa lovers, but I would not cook an international dish on the day that celebrates America's birth as a nation. If I was going to make something, it would be all-American. But if you love it, eat it.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
No disrespect to any kielbasa lovers, but I would not cook an international dish on the day that celebrates America's birth as a nation. If I was going to make something, it would be all-American. But if you love it, eat it.
No rules, just right! What people make are a personal choice, often they serve dishes that are their specialties and many times one which have been in their family for decades. Not unusual, all American can be very boring. We had an Asian dish today, Coconut Shrimp Panang, we took out from a great restaurant and then added our own freshly prepared sea scallops to the mix......delicious!

linda2147

nice cookout, burgers, hot dogs, steak tips, my kielbasa, someone had brought a pot of meatballs, strawberry shortcake, a shrimp platter, I love most all seafood, love scallops wrapped in bacon. But I can't eat crab, its good and I like it but last time I had crab I I got so sick I thought I'd have to die to feel better. So no more crab for me.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
nice cookout, burgers, hot dogs, steak tips, my kielbasa, someone had brought a pot of meatballs, strawberry shortcake, a shrimp platter, I love most all seafood, love scallops wrapped in bacon. But I can't eat crab, its good and I like it but last time I had crab I I got so sick I thought I'd have to die to feel better. So no more crab for me.
Sounds like a great celebration Linda with lots of good food! Tomorrow we'll be grilling some ribs in the charcoal BBQ.