The boy who deserved better and girl who’s heart broke

Anonasaphelp

I work at a kennel and a dog came in a month ago who has bite cases against him. He is the most loving and happy dog but the owners are not the right people for him. The fiancé shot the dogs brother when him and the woman got in an argument and now the dog went back to them. What’s worse is he’s going back deemed a dangerous dog which means one more bite and he’s through. That’s not even the worst part the brother and him are both intact males who occasionally fight and now he has to live whatever remains of his life in a muzzle because the owners fiancé “ would rather put him down then give him up “. I am writing this because it broke my heart to see him leave knowing he can’t defend himself in the home with a muzzle against the dog and he could die from the fiancé shooting him bc of a fight so I feel like I’ve lead him to his death with no way to stop it because the court released him to them. And even if he lives is he really if he has to live the rest of his life in a muzzle.He deserves better or quiet possibly too soon deserved and it’s always the animals who suffer

linda2147

unfortunately dogs can't pick their owners. try as we might we can't save them all. Post his story on social media and maybe the owners will get enough hate mail and they might change their mind.

CatMom1994

So this dog is not allowed to live a normal happy life because he bit another dog, not a human? That problem is very easy to solve: get both dogs neutered and keep them separated while they recover from the surgery.

If we are only talking about a dog biting your fiancee, the solution is train your dog to stop biting people.

Of course, people who are too lazy and stupid to make these efforts will not change their minds, so you need to be the one who takes action.

BTW I can't help any further without knowing the names of both dogs.

linda2147

neutering will not change the basic personality of a dog, if a dog is aggressive neutering isn't going to change anything. aggression is something you can't take out of a dog, the best you can hope for is to control it

Anonasaphelp

Original Poster
I’m not the owner and the owners want to breed the dogs brother essentially breeding aggression and the trainer I work for expressed in court that they needed neutered as well that the dog would be better placed in a working home because he is a German shepherd and malinois cross however it is out of her hands and as a business we can’t interfere with anything further it just upset me soo much last night because realistically I know how his life is going to end and he was in our facility for a month so we took care of and trained him for so long only to hear that the people we thought cared enough to seek out help wanted nothing more then the evidence that he’s not that deadly to be then released to them and most likely die by their stupidity and ego.

CatMom1994

What is a maliois?

I know insurance companies hate German shepherds because that breed is often cited in dog bite and aggression cases. German shepherds have a strong sense of duty, which is why they are the most popular choice for the military, guide dog trainers, and police departments. So when a dog who looks like a German shepherd tackles or bites someone, he or she was most likely not trained properly.

Anonasaphelp

Original Poster
Belgian malinois look like shepherds just a bit smaller in some areas but are used in the same ways in military and police as they are working breed as well. The main difference between the two in my opinion is shepherds have an off switch and most malinois don’t. Here’s a pic shepherd on left malinois in right. They get confused for each other a lot.

Attachments