The inseparable Benny and Eddy

Cat001

Each year I separate Benny and Eddy from each other to avoid breeding but when they're together they like to seek each other out. This picture was when I first put Benny back in with Eddy, she looked down from her basking shelf to see what was going on and when she noticed Benny, she immediately climbed down and lined her head up with his so she was resting her head on his.

They'll take turns going to each others favourite spots; Eddys favourite spot is on the basking shelf

While Benny's favourite spot is under a ledge (Eddy never goes there on her own)

They'll follow each other into the main warm hide

And explore a new hide together

More than once i've seen Eddy go nose to nose with Benny, checking him out after she's not seen him for a while. She likes to make sure her face is near his.

Dog Force One

Banned
Cute and interesting photos. How do you know when to separate them to avoid breeding? Do they go into heat or something?

Benny and Eddy have pretty coloring. Google thinks they are corn snakes. Is that right?

Cat001

Original Poster
Yep, they're corn snakes. :) Breeding season for corns is around March - May so I separate early Feb and re-introduce once the males have settled. During breeding season my boys are constantly wanting to explore in search of girls, Benny also stops eating.