Top 5 Dog Products

dog101

What are the top five items you have purchased for your dog that you would recommend to others? What makes them great?

goDogBag

I really like Petstages durable stick dog chew toys. My dog is a chewer and has a really strong jaw so most toys he enjoys, he destroys pretty quickly. I bought him one of these stick chew toys about two or three weeks ago, and it's still going strong :) He also seems to really enjoy it! I also really like the everlasting bento ball for the same reasons.

jporter

jporter
My top five would have to be

1. Jolly balls - they have lasted me almost three years and still going strong as durable indoor toys
2. Their Chuckits perfect for fetch although only one dog understand the concept of fetch
3. Thunderjacket I swear by it to call Rudy down
4. Furminator, two double coated dogs lead to a lot of fur.
5. Bull wrinkles, it their favorite treat and takes awhile to get through

petty254

Slopmats- keeps my dog wet free especially after a long walk on the rain
Pet Self warming beds-keeps my dog warm especially during winter
LED safety light- helps me track my dog easily in the dark
Chilly mats- keeps my dog's body temperature low during summer

Suzie Johnson

Definitely an ID collar. My pup has gotten lost (and found!!) thanks to the info on his collar. He gave me such a scare!

Here is the place where I get mine. They let you really customize the collars they sell.
https://www.dogids.com/category/dog-collars/

Hopefully all of our pups stay close to us, but it never hurts to be prepared. :friendly_wink:

Esme

You could probably find temperature controlled mats either online or in the pet supply store. We have 2 heating pads for our cats and I honestly don't remember where we bought them. Sorry.

Leelow

My Shih Tzu has a Rope toy. It is his favorite. It looks like a "bone" shape with knotted ends. It is edible and proven safe for my dog. He have it for more than a year already.

linda2147

my dog destroys toys, only thing she hasn't destroyed is rope toys
She loves her outside kennel (weather permitting)
To me the most important thing is a microchip. Always hope we never need it but in case we do she has it.
furminator brush, nothing sheds like a shepherd so this is used often

karmaD

I love the retractable leash with a led light that I bought recently - it is perfect for winter when days are short and you need to go for a walk in the dark (and need to collect my dog's poo from the neighbour's grass patch :(

Tennis balls- They last a long time and you can throw them
Rope tug toys- Your dog can chew them and play with you
Crate- Keeps your dog contained and safe
Kong toys, the stuff-able ones- Keeps your dog occupied
Hula hoop- You can train your dog and bond with him at the same time

betsy1

What are the top five items you have purchased for your dog that you would recommend to others? What makes them great?
1. Mav4Life Dog rope toy. It's super durable and my dog loves playing with it. I've had it for a month and he has yet to get tired of it. Can't complain!
2. Cat nip spray: I spray this on my cats toys and he instantly wants to play and it's great for tiring him out. I use one that my neighbor turned me onto that is organic, but you can find this at your local pet store.
3. Mav4Life leather dog leash: Another very durable product great for walks!
4. Sparkly cat toys: The shiner the better, my cat never gets tired of them and he loves chasing them around the house.
5. Fine tooth comb: Great for preventing or removing pests and get dirt out. Also the fur babies enjoy getting brushed!

Enjoy!!

Nathaniel3

1. Deer Antlers for their toys (because it's not easy to swallow during the play)
2. GPS tracker or microchip (for their security and protection)
3. Crate (for traveling)
4. leather dog leash (for walking)
5. Milk Bone Original Biscuits for treats (they deserved it after such being a good boy/girl)

Nathaniel3

Tennis balls- They last a long time and you can throw them
Rope tug toys- Your dog can chew them and play with you
Crate- Keeps your dog contained and safe
Kong toys, the stuff-able ones- Keeps your dog occupied
Hula hoop- You can train your dog and bond with him at the same time
Thanks for this! Didn't know dogs can use hula hoop too. That would be cute though :)

JustineBlake

Here's 5 products I purchased for my dog:

1. Greenies Pill Pockets Chicken Flavor Treats
2. Midwest Guinea Habitat
3. Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste
4. Trackimo gps tracker
5 Personalized Collar

rilywilliams

Here's 5 products I purchased for my dog:

1. Greenies Pill Pockets Chicken Flavor Treats
2. Midwest Guinea Habitat
3. Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste
4. Trackimo gps tracker
5 Personalized Collar

Thank you for the suggestions justine! Checking them out some time.

mkhtk79

Root chews: a safe way to keep doggies chewing for long periods of time
Leather tug toys: ideal for playing tug of war with a dog that destroys rope toys and gets them stuck in-between his teeth
Dog fire hydrant: fun pee post for male dogs to lift their leg on
Kong extreme: has lasted for 7 plus years with daily chewing, bouncing, and freezing
Zoom groom brush: I think this made by the kong company, it's a really simply rubber brush that feels like a massage to the dog and teases out a shocking amount of loose hairs

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
My sisters Labrador/Chow mix loves to play with a cat toy. Every time she saw me hold a fishing pole style toy with one of her cats, she (Daisy) is like a little kid wanting to play with someone else's toy. Daisy is a weird dog. She has no interest in tennis balls or playing tug.