very sad day Phoenix is gone

linda2147

Got up in thee night and foun Phoenix dead on the bathroom floor, she wa fine when I went to bed and just found her dead waiting for my son in law to com get her an have her creamated I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that sad news about your beautiful girl. My sincere condolences to you and your family, you must be heartbroken. May Phoenix rest peacefully, as she will always have a special loving place in your heart.

I didn't think she had any serious health issues, do you think she had a heart attack or something? Sending love, hugs and warm thoughts your way. 💜

mechi2

So sorry to read this. It must be shocking to lose her so unexpectedly. I hope you take comfort in that it was sudden and she wasn't suffering.

linda2147

Original Poster
Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that sad news about your beautiful girl. My sincere condolences to you and your family, you must be heartbroken. May Phoenix rest peacefully, as she will always have a special loving place in your heart.

I didn't think she had any serious health issues, do you think she had a heart attack or something? Sending love, hugs and warm thoughts your way. 💜

she had her yearly checkup in May, nothing seemed wrong, nothing said about her heart or anything else except being a little overweight. She was fine yesterday, it was such a shock to find her dead on the floor this morning. Tom came and got her body to have it creamated and made a fairly large donation to the shelter in her name. I am so upset I ccancele my plans for the weekend. it had to be something with her heart, she didn't get into anything and ate her supper as usual last night. I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I can't imagine the shock to have something like that happen suddenly for no reason. I imagine you're very confused and upset by suddenly not having your sweet girl with you. My heart goes out to you, please take care of yourself.

mechi2

That's how I felt when my Little Shannon died. As much as we think that another dog will never take the place of the one we lost, they will and will come to mean just as much. Wishing you the best.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I don't think I'll ever get another dog, the price we pay for loving them is to high
I've always brought another dog into my life after one of mine passed away. We all know that their life is short compared to humans, but their lives are important and deserve the love and care of a compassionate owner, in my opinion. I'm old enough, where if the day comes that my boy is no longer with me, and he is having some health issues right now that may or may not be serious, I might share my home with an older shelter dog who would benefit from love and attention in the winter of their lives.

Linda, you should let yourself feel whatever you are feeling now, the shock is so new that the grieving process can't really begin just yet. I told my husband about Phoenix, and he is also saddened. From all I told him over the years, he knows that you loved her dearly and are hurting right now. Hugs, my friend, you are in my thoughts.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
That's how I felt when my Little Shannon died. As much as we think that another dog will never take the place of the one we lost, they will and will come to mean just as much. Wishing you the best.
I agree. I think our pets who have left us would want us to open our hearts and homes to another dog. Its not really taking their place, but it does help the heart to heal, and it is a positive thing.

teytey029

I'm sorry to hear about your pet :( Other says dogs directly go to heaven after they die so hopefully he's in a good place now.

No one can replace the happiness and memories that pets bring to us so treat and take care of them while he's by our side.