Walking Outside Broke My Cat!!!

JemStone34

I have an elderly cat that had a problem with trying to escape outside. I figured it was because she had originally been a stray before the rescue found her. She managed to get out unnoticed one day and didn't come home for 11 days. Once I had her back I decided to start taking her for walks outside on the harness to calm her running away habit. Of course meant my 1 year old cat had to come too. He threw fits if I didn't take him, and at first he enjoyed all except the harness, but then he started to get weird each time he would go out. Started as fear and then started to turn to aggression, but only outside, then to anxiety. He would even start panting from stress. I quickly stopped the outside trips, but its been a year and he still has horrible anxiety. Has anyone come across this and has any tips to help get my little dude back to normal?

Attachments

CatMom1994

Does he have toys that do not require human interaction to play with?

JemStone34

Original Poster
Does he have toys that do not require human interaction to play with?
Oh yeah. These cats literally have everything possible to keep them active, entertained and comfortable. They have their play stations set up in multiple rooms with things to entertain themselves when alone. Electronic toys, plush toys, balls, towers and scratchers and condos inside. Multiple tunnels, the cat caves. Has a consistent routine and schedule each day and interactive play time once im home. Should be the most relaxed cat in the world like the others, but hes super jumpy and gets really antsy. Starts obsessively licking different forms of plastic around the house to calm himself. Ever since going outside. It makes zero sense. I try to prevent the usual stressors but this own i can't figure this one out.

CatMom1994

It is often said cats will always be a mystery to people. Whenever a cat tries to kill a fly on the wall she can't reach, but not the bug crawling under her nose, that is the truth. Then there are the times when you buy a whole bunch of new toys and all she wants is the packaging.