Was it inappropriate for the groomer to pull my dog by the leash?

Nick1302

The humane society in my town offers nail trimmings for $5. I took my dog in today to have his nails trimmed. He hates going to have his nails trimmed. He won't go into the room on his own. Usually they have me pick him up and bring him in the room but today the groomer dragged him in. Well not really dragged but She just kinda tugged at his leash to guide him torward the room. He didnt walk on his own. He was kinda sliding along for a couple seconds then he walked the rest of the way. It's hard for Me to explain without you seeing it. I just feel like it was slightly aggressive. I could have just picked him up and put him in the room like always. I don't know if it warrants a complaint.

mechi2

No it doesn't warrant a complaint. You could have picked the dog up and carried him yourself if you didn't like the way he was being handled. In any case it's no big deal to tug on the leash to get the dog to walk.

teytey029

I believe dogs really hate trimming even touching their nails. They usually run and hide lol.

Have you tried trimming their nails by yourself? Maybe they are scared or uncomfortable whenever other people touch their nails and it might give them the impression of trimming every time someone will walk towards him/her.