What is the BEST PUPPY DRY FOOD for a large breed?

Arra L

I have 2 puppies. They are 8 weeks old. Their mom is a black German Shepherd and dad is Yellow Lab. I want to know the best puppy dry food out there. What do you guys use?

TTouch

I would never feed my dogs processed 'food' I feed real whole meals of raw/bone, always have, always will

linda2147

eight weeks old is old enough to start feeding them ground up raw food, grind the meat bones and all. As long as you give the right suplements raw is the best way to go . I've fed raw for years. and my dogs live to a good old age

Arra L

Original Poster
I have to follow what my Vet says. Unless someone is a doctor of Veterinary, that's what going by.

TTouch

Vets are MEDICALLY trained, they are NOT animal nutritional trained, unless they have done another 2 years of animal nutrition training and 99.9% of Vets have not the ONLY training Vets get on animal nutrition is a couple of days during their 7 years of medical training by the pet food manufacturers who sponsor Vet Colleges and give Vet students and Vets freebies and offer them very high commission rates to sell their processed junk pet food....... so asking a Vet about nutrition is like employing a plumber to rewire the electrics in a house...... you wouldn't do that, you get the correct qualified person to advise.

My 14 year old who I bred and delivered, her first meal was raw and ever since and at 5 weeks old she was eating chicken wings as one of the meals along with her brothers and sister.