What is your dogs 'best' walk and why?

TTouch

My dogs get walked daily and I am lucky to have lots of nice and different places we can walk very local, sometimes on their own, sometimes with other dogs so they can get to walk and play with their friends.
However I have to say their 'best walk' which is really an additional walk is just 300yrs from their front door to the butchers to collect their weekly meat and bones.
I decided to use these trips to practice chill/calm/wait/stay/ignore cars and people training once they knew /understood the basic training at home but knowing they were out, excited and people/cars were there so proof training in the real world.
With covid only two people are allowed in the small shop at the same time so we have to queue and as it is a busy shop generally there is always a queue, so as normal I ask them to sit/wait and drop their leads and the queue moves up . I point to the ground next to me and they move up until I am next in, or I leave them in the queue at some point and move up without them, then down or sit/stay and I go in and get their goodies... they visit, sit and wait outside every week, with cars driving by, people and dogs walking passed , people talking to them and some even fuss them and I have to smile as they turn their heads away trying to ignore people talking to them ( and they both love people) and they never move and when we get home they know they will get a bone.

So what is your dogs 'best walk' of the week?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My dog's favorite walk he gets five days a week in a huge open space park near us. We walk around an hour or so, and we sometimes see other people and dogs, but not too many. We also see a lot of deer, coyotes too. His favorite walks are more in the wilderness areas where we take him a couple of times a year while camping. Those walks are generally around three to four miles and some areas he can be off leash. The second photo is an example. It sounds like you take good care of your dogs, and they love you. That's the way it should be with all dog owners. 💙

IMG_20200401_104610099_HDR.jpg

DSCN1392.JPG

TTouch

Original Poster
My dog's favorite walk he gets five days a week in a huge open space park near us. We walk around an hour or so, and we sometimes see other people and dogs, but not too many. We also see a lot of deer, coyotes too. His favorite walks are more in the wilderness areas where we take him a couple of times a year while camping. Those walks are generally around three to four miles and some areas he can be off leash. The second photo is an example. It sounds like you take good care of your dogs, and they love you. That's the way it should be with all dog owners. 💙

View attachment 11407

View attachment 11406
Those photos 'could be' the local forest park about five minutes from my home with fir trees, lakes and mountains in the back ground but 'ours' is on a mini scale ( about 150 acres ) and I take them there possibly once every other week, so they can swim in the lake ( as long as the swans are not nesting as I don't want them to disturb them) or they seek out 'dog friendly children' to join in and paddle with or anyone else who they think is clearly only there to throw their 'presented ball' for them and in the trees they hunt for squirrels and rabbits, thankfully we don't have coyotes ..... and it is nice when it is warm weather as most of the walk is tree covered and lakes although I have also taken them when it was 3 foot of snow.

Last edited: