What's going on with my cat?

Alicia602

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading!

I have a 6 year old, female, 11 lbs, spayed, healthy, indoor siamese cat! Her name is Duchie.
About 2 weeks ago, we took her to the vet for a wellness exam and everything came back superb! The only thing her vet recommended was a dental cleaning and for her to shed 1-2 lbs. Other than that, no concerns what so ever!

The reason for my post is because, Duchie has been showing some concerning behavior. She's usually pretty mellow. Loves a lot of attention and happy. But lately, she's been doing this weird thing with her tail. She throws her tail from left to right constantly. I tried to post a video on here but the file was too large. Here is a link of Duchie in action
Another thing, she usually sleeps all night. But these past few days she's been up running around the house in a "zoomy" manner, yowling out the window. When I get up to get her, she instantly stops, flops down and shows her belly while purring. My thoughts are just, she wanted some attention maybe.

Any idea what could be going on with Duchie? Will I need to take her back to the vet? I just spent $400 on her wellness exam. She is healthy. I really dont want to have to send her back as she hates it.

Do cats that has been spayed go in heat at all? What can I do?

Thanks everyone! ❤

20200705_120324.jpg

Last edited:

Vet_tahira

Dr. Tahira Mukhtar
Hello Alicia
I can understand your concerns. Your kitty behavior is telling you something that some thing is bothering her. You just to observe her carefully and see what is the reason of this behavior. Another thing that you mentions about spaying. If a cat that has been spayed is exhibiting signs of being in heat, this could be an indication there are active estrogen hormones in her system, It will settle down with the time . Just wait and lover her more/

TTouch

Wagging their tail normally means something or someone is being annoying to her. ... It could be that she is unsure of something, combined with a little excitement or curiosity.......... so has anything been changed? New people in her life, you going out more, have you bought eg new bed linen, changed your washing liquid.... I have a Burmese, spayed about the same age as yours and ANYTHING different she lets me know doing simular things like yours is......nightime zoomies start or she washes my face as she has decided I need to wake up and I start looking at what I might have changed which obviously she hasn't approve of

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum! Dutchie is a cute kitty.

Siamese cats are famous for being very vocal. They yowl more than any other cats. No, she is not in heat; that is just how Dutchie communicates. A queen in heat would stick her butt up in the air and try to escape.