Whats it called when a cat is pregnant, but cant give birth?

CatMom1994

If the queen is in labor and no kittens are able to come out, it is called a veterinary emergency. Without a C-section most likely she and her kittens will die. But first you need to know how long she has been pregnant. Feline gestation is 9 weeks.

linda2147

are you sure she is pregnant? It could be a false pregnancy, not as uncommon as you might think, she will show all the signs of being pregnant, even start producing milk and going into what you think is labor but nno kittens.

Nick1302

Original Poster
are you sure she is pregnant? It could be a false pregnancy, not as uncommon as you might think, she will show all the signs of being pregnant, even start producing milk and going into what you think is labor but nno kittens.
My step mom posted this photo of her cat, and someone else told me the cat is laying in a way that indicates the cat is pregnant, but can't give birth. I wanted to notify the owner about this.

Attachments

CatMom1994

My stepmom posted this photo of her cat, and someone else told me the cat is laying in a way that indicates the cat is pregnant, but can't give birth. I wanted to notify the owner about this.
Why does someone think the cat is pregnant? She looks like a cat who is NOT pregnant in that picture.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My step mom posted this photo of her cat, and someone else told me the cat is laying in a way that indicates the cat is pregnant, but can't give birth. I wanted to notify the owner about this.
I think your stepmother would know whether her own cat was pregnant or not, if in doubt she would take the cat to the vet. The cat doesn't look pregnant to me either, cats often lie in those types of positions. You can tell your stepmother what 'someone else' told you, and let her decide. I don't see a problem here.