What's Wrong with Choosing Dogs over Children?

haopee

BACON of Light
Dear Norms of Society,

I've heard it a number of times-- more times than people asking me when I'm going to get married. What's wrong with choosing to care for abandoned dogs than to have children? What's wrong to have dogs instead of kids?

I know, your child is special; he/she is that other person who your bond will be maternal and eternal. But seriously, what's wrong if others choose to have that same relationship with their dogs? Oh, and please don't give me that excuse that I won't have anybody to care for me when I grow old.

The world has too many abandoned children and pets. I firmly believe all of them deserve a good home and a family to love and care for them.

Yours Truly,

The Rebellious Pet Devotee

linda2147

Not a thing wrong with it. My daughter and her husband chose not to have children, they were in total agreement on this, they have 4 bulldogs and are perfectly happy with the arrangement, the dogs are their children and treated like little kids with fur.

And honestly the way things are in the world today is it really such a good idea to bring more children into the world?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I don't have any children, but it wasn't by choice. But, I'm okay with it, and have spent many years with my furbabies, and we've had very happy lives. People used to ask me why I didn't adopt...well, I just didn't want a baby to have a baby and be "normal". I only wanted a child that was created by me and my husband only, when I couldn't have that, it wasn't meant to be and I accepted it with no problem. Some people just keep crankin' out babies, and they don't have the money or compassion to care for the ones they already have. Just increase their welfare checks and food stamps, and wait for the next baby to come out...oh yeah, gotta go to the Maury show to find out who da baby daddy. :playful:

field_mouse

Well, there's nothing wrong with choosing dogs over kids.. Unless you already have kids, Lol. I think there would be a huge world of difference if I just had my dog and no kids (I have 4 kids and 1 dog). I tell my older kids all the time to get a dog before they have kids. A dog is a lot like having a kid. You need a sitter if you go out of town, they need regular doc visits, they need proper training (correct bad behavior, reward the good), and lots of attention.

Happyflowerlady

Dog Mother
I think it is a person's right to choose what they do with their life. Some people want to have children; some don't want to have that responsibility. Some can't have children, for one reason or another. No decision is right or wrong, it is simply a choice.
Some of us are vegetarians, some aren't; same difference.
We all have the right, and the responsibility, to make our own choices (and live with the consequences of those choices) in our own lives.
I raised my three children, and we had pets all the time they are grown up. I would not want to be raising any more children at my age now; but I dearly love my little dogs ! !

Reliyn

I understand exactly what you are saying haopee. To me, it shows more intelligence if a person doesn't want kids, and decides not to have them, weather it is due to just not wanting any period, or just not ready yet. There is nothing wrong with the way you would rather give all that love to an animal.
The only thing I do disagree with however, is the reasoning of not bringing a kid into this world based on it being a bad world.
there are actually many good things that happen too, if you don't concentrate on just the negative. Sometimes, life can be really wonderful.

Reliyn

oh yeah, gotta go to the Maury show to find out who da baby daddy. :playful:

Lmao..I about choked on my coffee on that comment.

NatureMan

I think people shouldn't feel like they have to have kids if they don't want, or dogs.

liamajhons

I think now a days pets give more respects to their owner as compare to humans. i think it is a good decision. but despite that issue isn't it good if you will move both thing together. i mean having a pet as well as your own kids..

geenamiller89

totally agree with you haopee. I am not against having kids but loving dog owners understand responsibilities well. Caring for dogs is a good training to see if you want kids. Whatever the choices are, caring for other creatures should be wholehearted. Taking care of kids or dogs can change us for the better. What is important is to respect each other's decisions.

The funny thing is my friends told me that my partner and I will not have kids because we have dogs. :D

jfn

Hi haopee,

I totally agree with Happyflowerlady in the sense that it is a matter of personal choice.
I believe everyone is free to do what they want with their lives and what one does with it's own life is one's own problem.
If you prefer dogs rather than kids, totally ok. I you want both ok as well. If you don't want any also ok.
At the end of the day, what really matter is if you are felling happy with the life you choose for you no matter what type of life it is.
And if the answer is yes, perfect, what more would you want?

haopee

BACON of Light
Original Poster
totally agree with you haopee. I am not against having kids but loving dog owners understand responsibilities well. Caring for dogs is a good training to see if you want kids. Whatever the choices are, caring for other creatures should be wholehearted. Taking care of kids or dogs can change us for the better. What is important is to respect each other's decisions.

The funny thing is my friends told me that my partner and I will not have kids because we have dogs. :D
:dito:

Hi haopee,

I totally agree with Happyflowerlady in the sense that it is a matter of personal choice.
I believe everyone is free to do what they want with their lives and what one does with it's own life is one's own problem.
If you prefer dogs rather than kids, totally ok. I you want both ok as well. If you don't want any also ok.
At the end of the day, what really matter is if you are felling happy with the life you choose for you no matter what type of life it is.
And if the answer is yes, perfect, what more would you want?
Hi JFN, owner of Nina!

I've seen a number of people who've grown old without kids. Sometimes, I find it odd how people think that not having kids is such a bad thing. Some of my mom's friend talk about childless people as if it were abnormal.

I wrote this love letter after one of my relatives kept on insisting that I should have kids. They kept on repeating the same sentence over and over again. "It's a waste. It's such a waste."

jfn

Hi haopee,

Yes, I understand and agree with you.
By the way, it's really wonderfull to see how you love your pets.

Take care

haopee

BACON of Light
Original Poster
Hi haopee,

Yes, I understand and agree with you.
By the way, it's really wonderfull to see how you love your pets.

Take care
Thank you.

Hugs.

I have a number of friends who remain single and happy with their dogs... I think it's a case to case basis.

I saw your picture in the link you posted, does Nina have human siblings? LOL.

jfn

Hi Haopee,

Not yet, but it's on the plan :)
We'd be happy to provide her one.

haopee

BACON of Light
Original Poster
Hi Haopee,

Not yet, but it's on the plan :)
We'd be happy to provide her one.
Well, best of luck to you two. When it happens, it'll happen.:hamsterdance:

I have two little Shih Tzus, a Peke, and a number of mutts. I just love them all too much, but they keep me pretty busy all day long--just like how kids would.