Wilbur, my furry friend

CatMom1994

This is what Wilbur's memorial plaque looks like. He was sent to the Rainbow Bridge on December 1, 2011 after losing a battle with CRF.

Wilbur2002.jpg

WILBUR

His life ended when it did
Because people gave him love
Now cured of all suffering
His spirit purrs from above

A loving companion left pawprints on my heart. His memory will be treasured forever. Wilbur, I will miss you until we meet again in heaven.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
Did you notice each line has 7 syllables? I did that on purpose because 7 is God's number.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Rest peacefully beautiful boy. My sympathy CatMom, I know your heart still aches.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
I have a Christmas tree ornament that Mom won at a shelter holiday party raffle. It is a sculpted picture frame Naturally I put one of my first Wilbur pictures in it. My indoor tree is not the kind to put ornaments on, so it hangs on my closet doorknob. The picture is a closeup of Wilbur crawling out from under my bed.

My six-year old nephew asked me about it today. He asked, "Is that Daisy?" I told him it was Wilbur, a cat I had for a long time years ago. He asked me, "Did he die?" Not a bad question, but after I said yes he asked me how Wilbur died. I just told him Wilbur got very sick because he is too young to understand euthanasia. Well, then my nephew wanted to know how Wilbur got sick. Ugh. How can I explain to a 6-year old the kidneys did not work at all anymore?

CatMom1994

Original Poster
I have been thinking about how to write the story of how Wilbur entered my life. Is there such a thing as prologues anymore? Or should it be the foreword? I think it would be fa fitting way to start my book, but not as the introduction.